Chapter 14 // Cereal

Brenton Thwaites plays Travis Olsen! Also, if you want to know who plays Alexis Romanos, go back to the first chapter! I posted a picture and revealed the actress.

---

I rolled over in my sleep.

"Hey," someone whispered.

"Go away," I mumbled, burying my head further beneath the pillow.

"Sleepyhead get up," the voice whispered again. I swatted my hand and felt it come in contact with a face. I pushed the face gently away from me.

"Stop man handling my face," the person said.

My eyes opened and I turned over in bed. Travis was looking at me curiously while rubbing circles in the back of my hand.

I blinked a couple times trying to make my vision less blurry.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to sleep in your bed," I apologized.

"It's fine Alexis no worries," he said sweetly.

"Where did you sleep?" I asked worried.

"Guest room, it wasn't a problem trust me,".

"Are you sure! Let me help clean up," I offered. I hadn't had much to drink so I wasn't really hungover.

Travis and I headed downstairs where Daniel was sleeping on the couch shirtless, with a girl on his arm who was wearing nothing but her undergarments. Is it weird that I felt a tinge of jealousy for the close-to-naked girl? I shook my head and headed over to the kitchen to start picking up the red solo cups that were littered all over the floor. Travis was using a sweeper to collect all the crushed chips and any other trash lying on the living room floor.

Twenty minutes passed and I was still in the kitchen cleaning up. I started to get really hungry so I stopped, and walked over to the pantry in search of a quick breakfast. I spotted some frosted flakes and grabbed the box, making my way over to the fridge. I pulled out a carton of milk and found a bowl in the cabinet next to the refrigerator.

I prepared my cereal and found a spoon. I scooped up some cereal and just as I was about to take a bite, someone grabbed the spoon from me and a second later, took the bowl.

"Thanks babe," said Anthony, as he took massive mouthfuls of my cereal.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, trying to reclaim my bowl.

"Mmh," he moaned. "I love frosted flakes,".

"Anthony," I whined.

He winked at me before casually leaning back against the counter and taking another spoonful of my breakfast.

I stomped up to him and attempted to yank my bowl back but he held it higher. I slapped his chest and crossed my arms.

"Give it back," I demanded.

He smiled cheekily and stared down at me, amused.

He put the bowl down on the counter behind him and stood up straighter.

"Get past me, and you can have your cereal," he said.

"That's not fair," I complained.

"Alright then I'll just keep eating it," he shrugged.

"This is ridiculous," I mumbled. Yes, I could just pour myself another bowl of cereal, but I was stubborn and I didn't want Anthony to successfully trump me.

I walked up to him and attempted to pinch his ear but he grabbed my wrist and shook his head. I gently placed my free hand on the side of his face and stared intently into his eyes. I pulled my body closer to his and brought my lips so they were only centimeters away from his. I pressed my lower body into his and a groan escaped his lips. He leaned forward and pressed his lips to mine. They were cold yet warm at the same time... his lips were so inviting. I nearly forgot my plan getting lost in the enjoyable kiss I was involved in. He lifted me up so that I was now straddling him and placed me on the counter. We continued to make out as he rubbed his hands along my lower back. I took my hands and pressed them onto his shoulders, then pushed them backwards with all my force.

He opened his eyes taking a couple steps back, trying to regain his balance. He cocked his head to the side in confusion and I crossed my legs shooting him an innocent smile before turning around and grabbing the bowl of cereal that sat next to me. I took a bite and chewed happily as he watched in surprise.

"That was cruel," he commented, crossing his arms across his chest. I couldn't help but notice how his biceps flexed when he did this.

"I got what I wanted," I shrugged, "You shouldn't underestimate me,".

Anthony grumbled before leaving the room.

I finished off the rest of my bowl and placed it in the sink. I resumed cleaning up and once I finished, I laid down on the floor and closed my eyes. I was actually so tired and didn't really want to move. My dress was making me really uncomfortable and my feet ached from walking in those dreaded black heels.

I felt a weight pressed on to my torso and quickly opened my eyes. Daniel had placed his legs on either side me and was basically sitting on me.

"You're always begging for an opportunity for me to be on top," Daniel smiled.

I rolled my eyes and tried to wriggle out from beneath him. It didn't quite work out the way I planned and instead he was now straddling me tighter.

"More like you're always looking for an opportunity to be on top of me," I mumbled.

Daniel quickly removed himself from me when we heard footsteps approaching the kitchen. 

"Hey guys," said Travis, "Can you help me with the other trash bags? They're all in the living room. Alexis, what are you doing on the floor?". 

"Um..I," I looked to Daniel for help but got none. "Just admiring the polishing on your wood floors. It's very nice..do you mind giving me the number of the people who did your floors?". 

Travis looked quizzically between me and Daniel and cocked an eyebrow. 

"Okay.." he said suspiciously. 

He walked out the door carrying a couple trash bags. I breathed a sigh of relief. 

"Seriously? That's the best you could come up with?" said Daniel. 

"It was spur of the moment! You're the reason I had to come up with something in the first place! If you hadn't been straddling me then this wouldn't have happened," I exclaimed, pushing myself up off on the floor. 

"You're weird," was all he said back. We walked to the living room and started to help Travis with the trash bags.