unknown // 5 - One Shot

summer pov

This was my chance to get on the hip-hop dance. I'm not letting the chance slip away and it's only critical that I dance my best and show West that I should be in the group and that I want it badly enough.

I know that Noah and Finn will definitely make the dance just because they are both such strong dancers and have the versatility that makes them able to perfect so well no matter what style. Kingston will need to make sure he's doing the right thing in order to achieve a place... then again like we all do. No place is guaranteed. You have to show your worth and prove you have the skill it takes to pull this off. I just hope I make it into that six that perform the dance at Nationals.

"boys, you're up first. let's go, youngins!" James seemed eager. this must be good.

Noah started it off. He did a layout down the floor and the others joined from both sides. He stood out in his cream colored hoodie. Definitely an eye catcher. There's just something about him that make me want to be around him and I just don't really know what it is.

They danced to I know you wanna and damn, it has a touch that can change the dance in a second. They were all in sync and doing it perfectly until Kingston slipped up a bit. Shame. It was going so well up until that moment.

They carried on, even though it was going slightly wrong. All in all, it was a good routine. Props to James for using his skill to create such a well-done dance.

We were up next. Things were about to witness all of us. There is more of us so we'll have to pull out all the stops in order to do this right. Me, Richelle, Jacquie, Amy, Kenzie, Davis and Piper. This should be interesting.

The music started and we started the dance, things are about to get lit!

###

noah pov

It was now the girls' turn to perform what West did with them. I'm intrigued to see how this turns out because he I literally an icon. Messing up an icons' choreo does not help what they think of you. Not in any way.

During out dance, I noticed the way Summer looked at me. It was obvious she was staring. Kinda cute. Maybe I'll do the same just for the fun of it. Not like I'm lying about what I think of her. I've dated a few girls at this studio, here and there. None of them are like her though. That's what makes me so interested in her. Her effort into her career has made her an award-winning dancer already. She's won multiple titles, scholarships, awards etc. No wonder miss angela kept her around.

I watched as the girls danced to do it like this. The leading dancers within the dance were easily spotted and it was clear to see why. More girls, more choice, more talent. Summer separated from the group to do an aerial and it was so clean that I couldn't believe it. We were all cheering for them throughout the whole thing and it was cool to see how such a large group worked to create such a powerful dance.

Kingston and Ozzy might have been slightly weaker in ours but they were great. Same with Davis and Piper. It didn't matter though. They were all good and that is that.

"Okay dancers! You have a break for now, return later to find out the results!" Emily announced, smiling broadly. They were about to have a chat and I would say I'm nervous.. but, I have a feeling I made it anyways so...

[ minutes later ]

Making my way into Shakes and Ladders, I saw Summer waiting for her shake at the drinks bar. She looked very focused and serious.

Creeping up behind her, I tickled her at the hips and caused her to jump. "Noah!" she exclaimed, hitting me playfully. "What is it, babe?" I replied, smirking. She just laughed and turned her head away before turning back to me. "You know what, Noah." She scoffed, chuckling as she spoke. She wasn't mad. Even if she tried to hide that.

The barista gave Summer her shake, then giving her a second one? I wonder who that's for. "For your boyfriend." said the barista with an enlightening tone. Aww, she thinks we're dating! that's so sweet!

Summer rolled her eyes and gave me MY shake before walking off. "Summer!" I shouted, quickly catching up to her. She was heading to the locker room, why not join her?

Once we had reached it, we realized everyone else was elsewhere. Perfect. "I'm going to put on a different hoodie." I stated, pulling the current one I had on right off my torso. Summer's eyes laid on me. Her jaw dropped when her eyes moved to my abs. Haha, that's everyone's reaction.

Yep, I wasn't wearing a shirt. Putting my black hoodie in my locker, I pulled out a cream colored one and pulled that one on. The tall brunette immediately faced the other way afterwards. Her face flushed bright red when I turned my attention to her and gave a flirtatious wink.

She pulled her bun out and brushed her hair, keeping watch in the mirror inside her locker. Finally someone else who understands the importance of having a mirror with you. Always.

Once her hair was all brushed out, she turned to me. She looked even more stunning. Oh shit, why am I even bothering to say away? Richelle already dislikes me and Jacquie dumped ME. I can do what I want. We still have time.

I moved closer to Summer until her back hit the wall and we shared a long lasting gaze. The light reflected off her blue eyes as they met with my green ones. We just.. clicked.

"I know I don't bother you." I whispered to her, leaning in closer. "Maybe you don't." She whispered back, leaning closer too. They was barely a distance between our lips and without realizing, they connected and we kissed passionately. It felt.. natural. She kissed back straight away, seeming to feel the same way.

After a while, we pulled away and were interrupted by a fake cough by someone. Luckily, I saw it was James. Out of all people, I'm glad it wasn't anyone on A-Troupe.

"Ooo Noah is in the locker room, making out with his new girl." he said smugly. Shocker? Not really.

I moved back, allowing Summer some space. She didn't seem that bothered. Thankfully. Usually they get all embarrassed and then ignore me for days. She was actually normal about it. That's new.

"See you at rehearsal, No." She said quietly, kissing me for another few seconds before leaving casually.

I smiled. James was still looking smug by the fact I didn't end up with ANY of the girls he saw me with previously. Not Abi, Amanda, Richelle or Jacquie. Oh well. He can't kick us off the dance because of a kiss.

---

// later - back in studio a \\

"Okay so now we are going to call the names of who we have chosen." please let it be me.

"Henry." not me.

"Jacquie." still not me.

"Finn." still waiting.

"Summer." omg she did it!

"Richelle." am I next or what?!

"and of course, the best dancer in the studio,

...Noah!"

«»

Mystery Person POV

I can't believe it! This is ANOTHER dance I didn't make it into! Richelle made it in and I DIDN'T?! I was clearly so much better than her! She always gets what she wants this time. Trio? Got it. Solo? Got it. Hip-hop? Got it.

I just want to get rid of her! People may be in my way.. but soon, nobody will be able to stop me....