unknown // 3 - Leader

richelle pov

Summer texted me saying she wanted me for something so here I am! We may not be close friends but we are still mutuals so why not. She told me Piper was struggling in the trio and the dance was a bit weak so I'm here to help! Well.. if piper actually follows my lead. I have no problem replacing her.

"Yeah, so I asked Richelle if she could help the trio out because her acro skill is definitely amazing!" Summer explained, looking down at me. I never knew she saw me that way. Guess you can't judge someone too soon.

"Me and Sum have duet practise.. now! We'll see you later!" Noah exclaimed, pulling Summer away and out the door in a hurry. Wow. It doesn't matter anyway. Their duet has to be perfect so I respect the fact they had to leave and brought me in instead. Shows commitment and team play. Can't fault that.

The girls showed me the choreography they had, it was alright. Then, the freestyle bit had some partnership with all three of them. Jacquie and Amy both did an illusion after the freestyle whereas Piper did... a leap. It would be so much better with a layout down the middle. I asked Piper if I could try something.

She sat on the bench. Suppose that's her way of saying I can do it now. By sulking. Cool. I did the choreography with Amy and Jacquie's original acro moves, adding my kind of freestyle at the non-choreographed bit and then we all did back handsprings before the other two did front aerials then illusions as I did a layout.

Summer had some good ideas. Front aerials are pretty powerful moves and I'm glad we could put them in and make a combo out of a simple idea. Maybe she had this idea in mind. As we finished the dance, I heard clapping. Looking over, there stood Emily. This could be my chance to get into a main feature dance. That would be insane considering at Regionals I wasn't as featured as I could've been. This is my only chance.

"Great job girls! That was definitely the calibre of dance we were looking for! Just clean it over and you'll be good to go. Piper, my office." Emily, followed by Piper, walked into the office. She didn't tell me off. She just told us to clean it up a bit more. I didn't get kicked off the rehearsal either. Can't believe I'm saying this.. but, I owe Summer a favour in return for her telling me I should be on this dance and she was totally right.

---

piper pov

Emily called me to her office and I followed behind her as the other three went over the trio. Richelle looks so good on the trio. She can do a whole lot of acro and has flexibility like Jacquie and Amy. This season probably won't be my season. Especially after last season's extravaganza. Failing my aerial on stage. That ruined my reputation quite a bit. I'm supposed to be James' sister. James is this freaking amusing breakdancer with a lot of talent and a lot of heart. I keep losing my faith. I just won't be like him. He didn't fail his B-Twist because he didn't do it when he didn't believe, he did it when he had hope. I never had hope. Now I'm saying prayers hoping for a miracle.

"Piper. I'm afraid you'll need to work harder to fight for your spot on these dances."

"It wasn't my idea to put Richelle on the dance! Summer and Noah came in just to check up, then she decided to call Richelle to help as they had to go. Before I knew it, she was doing everything that I can't do."

"There's nothing I can do about that. It's a trio that requires a lot of strength and flexibility. Richelle just happens to fit what Amy and Jacquie were looking for in that dance."

"S-so does that mean I'm off?"

"Unfortunately, yes. The trio is an acro trio and there's no point not putting acro dancers on that dance. Richelle will take your place, although, there are still other dances. You'll just have to prove you can do acro."

After being dismissed, I closed the door as I left the office. This is the second thing Emily has kicked me off besides her old troupe for Amy. Guess I'll have to work on my abilities until I'm at the top. By everyone's treatment, it seems like I'm the weakest dancer on the team and I'll just have to live with that. If only I wasn't, things would be so much different.