unknown // 4 - 'I Know You Wanna'

emily pov

Replacing Piper in the trio wasn't something I anticipated to do, however, it looks better as an acro trio. We need the best dancers suited to their best styles.

We still have the contemporary, hip-hop and the 10 person dance to put together. I have ideas as to who I want in those dances but I'm going to bring in someone to help me with that. Thalia requested we have them and I'm just doing what's best.

After their rehearsal was over, I then called the three in to discuss if they want Richelle instead of Piper on the trio, Amy and Jacquie immediately agreed. They must've had a hard time trying to incorporate Piper's technicality and their acrobatics into the same dance. I can understand why it's an issue.

°°°
Getting my clipboard, I decided to put down some names for who would be great on the hip-hop dance as we needed to start working on that as it has to be exactly what we require for an ASTONISHING dance. These dancers need to be top level.

' finn, noah, henry, kenzie, summer, jacquie, davis, kingston..'

No more really popped into my head. I need the strongest dancers for the most hard hitting dance out of them all. That's why I'm letting Thalia bring in James back to the studio to help me decide, along with West.

West was my idea. James was Thalia's. Is that REALLY a surprise though? Westames is one unstoppable duo and won the biggest hip-hop competition in the world, I think they'll be a lot of help. Last time we asked Latroy and Sloane, this time we've moved on from recent former a-troupers to some real ogs- who am I kidding? I AM the og.

Michelle left after Regionals. She said she needed to 'go her own way' and that she kept getting held back. It seemed like I was the one holding her back. Yes, at first I was very hurt and upset.. but I had to move on. Getting in my feelings over someone that I didn't even like before was only going to drag me down. I thought she was going to sing that high school musical song that Gabriela sang before she left. So extra, yet, so Michelle.

Miss Kate was going to sell the studio and I had to save it before we lost it forever. Me and Thalia had had our tense moments and awkwardness.. but if it wasn't for her, I wouldn't even be here. She helped pay off the price of the studio and merged AcroNation with tns, making her old dance studio no more. It only seemed fitting for her to be my new partner in this business. These dancers love her and why kick her out again? It wouldn't make sense.

Just as I was sorting out some paperwork, Thalia walked in. "So Em, are we getting the hip-hop dance started today because West is going to visit Chloe who is in town at the moment..?" I looked up at her. Chloe's in town?! She never told me that. Oh well. I have studio things to prepare anyways.

Thal arranged a set time for a-troupe to meet me here in studio a for the hip-hop whilst she worked with the newly formed b-troupe. Those dancers are the second best group of dancers we have.

James and West were going to be here soon and I had no idea until now. Me and Thalia rushed around making everything a bit more tidy and organized. Only difference is that not as much drama goes on, let's just hope this goes how I planned for it to go. The dancers need to bring their game in order to impress them.

[ a few moments later ]

We all stood on the dance floor patiently. Westames entered the studio and looked upon everything and the minor changes. Not many. It had to feel like being home again. Nostalgic.

"Ah, it's go great to be back!" West exclaimed, making his way over to the dancers.

"I second that!" said James, that same grin he always has on his face.

Some things never change. They gathered A-Troupe and decided to start now. I can't wait to see who they pick!

west pov

Half of these dancers, I haven't seen dance before. Let's hope they leave it all out on the dance floor. The battle for these six spots on the dance will definitely not please everyone.

Emily and Thalia left the room, giving us the signal to start now. "Can I get all your names?"

"Noah."
I know he's the best dancer here.

"Summer."
She won that scholarship for Stacey Carpenter, she must be good to be known by a lot of people.

"Richelle."
She's a powerhouse alright. It's great to see she's lost the lyrical eyebrows.

"Jacquie."
Jacquie is definitely on a more contemporary-hiphop level which makes her a great automatic option.. we'll see though.

"Finn."
He seems like he'll bring the heat.

"Kenzie."
Sassy. Reminds me of Steph.

"Kingston."
He's not bad. Got some skill.

"Ozzy."
Haven't seen much of him but I'll get to know more of his style today.

"Henry."
Ahhhh, Henry. He's most likely to get on this dance anyway. Not being biased.

"Amy."
She was on TNS WEST for a while, I don't know how strong her hip-hop is yet.

"Davis."
Blonde Jacquie?

It was now time to do some choreography. We taught the dancers some choreo in groups. They will have to impress us to show that they belong on this dance.

"So you're going to do go.. tut, tut, tut, tut, BOOM and on the 'BOOM!' you're gonna push through." Running through the choreography with the girls, it's obvious which ones are stronger with their tutting and hitting the beat drop. So far, every girl on Emily's list is fighting their corner as they all show they want it.. besides Piper. She's a little weaker. Not trying to pick on her.. She just needs to work harder to get it on point.

Summer, Jacquie and Kenzie are leading at the moment though. They were on the regionals hip-hop dance and its clear to see why. Richelle is really giving it her all as well though. The decision will be tough.. plus hard to say to James that his sister just doesn't have the same hip-hop level as some of the other dancers.. oh crap, how do I explain that?