epilogue.

two years later

two years later

Tamara rushed out of her front door, into the chauffeured vehicle which was waiting for her on the kerb outside the condo.

Her phone was buzzing and had several missed calls. She got too carried away with her job last night, and had overslept. She knew she was in for a shitstorm at the office.

"Good morning, Miss Blake." The driver greeted as she got in. "You're looking smart today."

"I don't everyday?" She remarked. "Nice seeing you too Leo, and I'm sorry about being late."

"Everybody just arrived early." He said. She rolled her eyes playfully and settled in.

After getting out and holding her belongings tight, her personal assistant came bounding towards her.

"Miss Blake? Mr. Sanchez was asking about that lunchtime meeting."

"Not that sanctimonious asshole." She groaned. "Cancel it, if he wants to fuck over my free checkup plans in Spanish Harlem, I'll show him whose got the strap."

"Well okay, you have a visitor. Two." Elena said.

"Spit it out, I haven't got all day!" Tamara said, jokingly.

"One is Curtis, I'm not sure about the other one."

"That'll be all, thank you Elena." Tamara said, waving a hand dismissively. She entered into the office and sure enough, Curtis was sat there.

He visited regularly since Tamara worked closely with his veterans meet ups. But she felt her heart flutter when she saw the familiar man sat beside Curtis.

"...Frank?" She asked. Her voice became barely audible. She shook her head, in annoyance at how smitten she was over him. "You two come as a package deal or what?"

"Nice place you got here." Frank pointed out, surveying the sleek and modern surroundings. He kicked his feet up and put them on the polished mahogany desk, prompting Tamara to shove his ankles off.

"Don't compliment me." Tamara said, sitting in the chair opposite them. "Credits to the interior designer I booked."

She hadn't seen Frank at all since his departure after the incident. And a lot had changed for her in two years.

Tamara had moved out of family's home, and began to work her way up.

"Please don't tell me you got yourself into some mess. Because that didn't work out the last time." Tamara said. "We had the public thinking I was your hostage."

"What is with you people?" Frank asked pulling a face. "Can't a guy drop by and visit his friends?"

"No." Tamara and Curtis said in unison.

"You're not a regular Joe." Curtis responded. "I've been trying to crack him but he won't budge."

"I guess they really do mean training back there." Tamara said, drily.