ten.

"When I was in middle school, I took part in the talent show

"When I was in middle school, I took part in the talent show. Me and my friends sang Lose my Breath by Destiny's Child but we got disqualified cos we did the choreography from the music video and it was apparently 'obscene'."

Tamara stood at the side of the room, chewing a hangnail.

Joan was sat on the stool beside the bed and Dave was rambling on about how cool that Frank was the Punisher.

Frank was aching all over. It was like every orifice was spilling blood. Tamara had tried her best to try and stop it, but she couldn't do it in the car. Her hands were now stiff as they were caked in dried blood.

The safe house hadn't been touched but he knew deep down he had to stay one step ahead.

Going back would be foolish.

"Why do you kill people...?" Joan asked, quietly breaking the silence.

"Because...I hate them." Frank said, weakly. His eyes staring blankly.

"I would've thought it's because you wanted to make the world a good place and whatnot." She said, timidly.

A dozen bullets in him, the bed was full of blood. Lying here on the verge of death with his ex neighbours and Tamara for company.

Out of all the ways he could've checked out, this had to be the dumbest.

"Joan, do you have any basic first aid with you?"

"I'll just head over to my apartment. I'm sure I'll find something." She said, barely a whisper and headed out.

Tamara placed her hand on Frank's head, and stroked his head. His eyes were shut, and his breathing was ragged.

"Don't worry Frank, I'm dealing with it."

He said something, but she couldn't hear it so she moved closer.

"What was that?"

"God...take me now..."

"You don't have to be such a jerk about it." Tamara snapped. Dave stifled a laugh, but then feigned a cough when she glared at him.

"I uh, here Miss. My husband used to have it around cos he'd always injure himself when he did woodworking." She said, holding a kit.

"Thank you." She said, nodding gratefully. "By the way, my name is Tamara."

First she examined Frank carefully, before she actually touched anything.