finale.

"Well, it was nice meeting him

"Well, it was nice meeting him. Nice as well as psychologically scarring and I will probably have night terrors for the rest of my life, but nice for the most part!"

Hakim furrowed his brows as he heard a commotion outside the gates. He headed over to the outside of his estate, and made his way towards the small security shed to see what was happening.

The surveillance officer had been told to go home around noon since the house was empty. What with Joelle at her sister's house and Zeke holed up at work in an attempt to take his mind off work.

He moved the mouse to switch on the monitor and he immediately froze in place when he saw two familiar figures on view. The first was Tamara, who he hadn't seen in weeks. She was passed out and slung over the other familiar figures shoulder.

A large, menacing figure dressed in all black. He settled the unconscious Tamara onto the ground, laying her back against brick wall of the outside of the building.

He seemed to be contemplating something but then made a beeline towards the van and immediately drove off. Hakim was still paralysed in fear, hands trembling. Mind completely blank at what he had just seen with his own two eyes.

He shook his head in an attempt to ground himself and he without further ado, darted to the entrance so he could retrieve his daughter.

Hakim gathered his daughter in his arms, eyes beginning to gloss over with tears. He tenderly felt her forehead and neck, it was a relief she was still warm. Holding her close to him as if it was the day she was born. He peppered kisses on the crown of her head, the heavy burden and fear that his daughter was either dead or missing lifted off his shoulders.

He had no staff at home, so it was up to him to escort her to a nearby sofa but he settled on her bedroom. Then he would call his wife and medics over.

He set her onto her bed, which had been untouched and empty for an outstanding month or so. He tucked her in after removing her shoes and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"I'm so sorry my darling..." He said, weakly. "I'll do better, I'll listen. I mean it.." He began to dial 911 but his finger paused midway when he could hear kerfuffle downstairs.

His brows furrowed. Nobody was home at all apart from him, or even had access.

Tamara groggily began to shift as she felt her senses and awareness bleed in. Her eyes focused on the roof of her bedroom.

"...Dad?" She croaked, looking at him sitting on the side of her bed. But he seemed awfully unlike himself, paralysed with fear.