six.

"I hate the feeling of helplessness

"I hate the feeling of helplessness. I can't stand it."

(six months later)

The next few months, Tamara made it her mission to fully invest in herself. The first thing she wanted to do was to try and make peace with her parents.

And make it clear marriage wasn't her thing.

Her mind was a complete whirlwind of thoughts. She obviously wouldn't be disowned.

But there was always going to be a but. She'd seen too many of her parents friends pay off their own kids and ask them to never speak with them again.

Even if it did come to that, she'd collected all the legal documents that belonged to her.

She'd have enough to get a decent place downtown.

Standing outside her father's study. Pacing up and down. How would she even start it.

"Oh hi Dad, I'm just here to tell you your expectations of me are way too high. Why on earth are they still that high? I was literally involved in a club shoot out. Lower them, k thnx bye."

Or maybe..

"Hello father. I'd just like to say that I do not have any intentions of fulfilling the dreams you and mom have planned out for despite the fact you have sacrificed and worked hard to ensure me and Zeke can be successful."

Perhaps even..

"I do not want to be forced to marry anybody regardless if he has that has comfy income and high status!"

This was all absurd.

"You're doing that thing again." Regina said, passing by with a basket full of neatly folded clothes.

"Am not!"

"You are." Lola said.

"Maybe I just need a walk. Visit some friends. Drink some tea." She thought to herself.

First stop.

She hadn't seen Curtis in so long, so she decided to drop by and give him a gift.

Walking through the city to his apartment, she couldn't contain the excitement she had to see her old friend.

To tell him how everything at home had been going, she literally sped up the stairs and knocked on the door hurriedly.