53 - Shiro (part 2 of 3)

Morality controlled the world. Prisons, jails, courts, laws; these all existed because of morals and humanity.

To be one without morals meant to be a menace to the public, a danger. The children of the few without a human heart in them were always at risk of becoming like their parent or caretaker. Breaking a child's innocence was easier than snapping a twig. All it took was false love.

"You want to visit father?" Aila's eyes widened in surprise as she stared at her younger brother from across the table. Her hands, though they were flat on the surface of the table, were visibly shaking. "Are you insane? Have you been taking your meds and seeing a therapist?" She pressed, leaning back ever so slightly.

That simple act of subconscious fear his sister was feeling enough to make her lean away from him made Takashi feel as if what he was proposing was crazy. Was he losing his grip on reality? The longer he lived with the memories of his past that kept him chained down to a wooden chair full of nail marks and tear stains, the more he struggled to breathe and the heavier the weight of living became. Whether his sister believed him to be losing himself in this crummy life he had been born into didn't matter to him because either way he was going to go see his father; with or without her.

Takashi gently began to drum his closed fist on the table's surface trying to keep his nerves calm, "I've never been so sure about something in my life. I want to give the special person in my life everything I can and to love them with every fiber of my being but when I'm like this I can only give so much to them," His voice was pained, full of sadness and years of regret.

Aila narrowed her eyes at him for a brief moment before she gave a deep sigh. "Adam is that person I'm guessing?" She questioned before she rubbed little circles on the sides of her head with her fingers, "That boy is a smooth talker that's for sure. If I weren't married I probably would've fallen for him to as bad as it sounds but I can tell he truly cares about you, Taki."

Adam? Takashi furrowed his brows in confusion as he tried to understand what his sister was babbling on about. He understood that Adam spoke to Aila in order to get her number and to get shiro to meet up with him but why does she think he was with Adam?

"H-Hold on," Takashi stopped the gentle drumming in the table and rested his palms flat against the table before leaning forward, "I'm not talking about Adam?"

Aila rolled her eyes, "Oh, then did you mean the girl you purposely ignored on your phone?" She inquired, her brown gaze dropping to stare at the phone Takshi had left out without ever realizing it.

On the screen it showed the name 'Allura' with a few heart emojis near it. Takashi defensively placed the phone in his pocket and tried to act like his sister was wrong, "Sorry but I'm not ignoring her, I'm just delaying my response to her until there's a more convenient time to reply."

"False; Shi-shi is a liar," Aila leaned back and crossed her arms in annoyance.

Takashi felt his face beginning to heat up in anger as he stared at the woman across from him, "Did you seriously call me piss? How immature are you?"

"Not as immature as you since you're still ignoring the person you said you wanted to give your everything to."

Takashi glared at his sister and thought about kicking her shin out of spite but he didn't want to be thrown out of the café so soon. "Whatever," he grumbled and turned his gaze out the window to a small family taking a picture together.

"All I have to say in the matter is that whomever you choose to seek solace from during your lowest point; that is the person you truly love," Aila sighed and then looked out the window to people watch with Takashi. She seemed happy for a moment just being able to watch the parents hold their kids while another passerby snapped a quick photo for them. "Having children changes you in so many different ways. When I moved out I was lost, had no idea where to go but when I met my husband, I found my real home. When I had a child everything felt so surreal like it was just this strange thing that blessed me but the more I touched and held my child the more I realized that she was a piece of me that my husband and I had created together.