EASTWICK - 00:07

The focus of Teresa's eyes began to resurface after fluttering her lids a few times

The focus of Teresa's eyes began to resurface after fluttering her lids a few times. She removed the orb from her temple, placing it gently on her bedside table and hurrying out of her bedroom. The sound of cartoons came from the living room as she made her way into her office, where her husband was waiting, keeping her seat warm.

Adam stood up, "Gerald's on the phone for you."

In between heart beats, she said, "Perfect, thank you."

He gave her a quick peck on the cheek before giving them some privacy to focus.

"Hit me," she said, putting Gerald on speaker. Noticing a fresh cup of coffee next to the printer, she read the post-it note attached, written in Adam's handwriting:

Remember to breath (:

"Okay, I already put the mirror and an AvraStystem comp and linked it to mine. You should see a file on your desktop — "

"Did it," she said before he could finish. Teresa moved her mouse, clicking and opening so many tabs and windows. "I'm in," she told him, preparing to get into her zone. She inserted a flash drive into the right side port of the monitor.

"Kernel mode, right?" Gerald double checked.

"Just like riding a bike," she tried convincing herself.

He chuckled, "Okay, I'm on stand by if you need anything."

"Love you to bits, G." She smiled, "What ring did you stop at?" 

"Ring1," she heard.

Teresa could see Gerald had already set up everything for kernel debugging. The sound of her bare nails hitting the keyboard was like music to her ears. Having to use her fingertips, because her nails were too long. A mani-pedi date with the girls was long overdue. She and Star would go together in Sweven, at a place called Eastwick, whenever Gerald had side gigs.

Reading his work, she typed:

bcdedit / debug on

bcdedit / dbgsettings SERIAL DEBUGPORT:1 BAUDRATE:115000

After downloading debugging tools, the VirtualBox was in the midst of being configured to allow the two machines to communicate over a serial port. Creating the path, she named it:

/tmp/debugport. 

"Do you see it?" "Um," she waited for his response. "Yeah."

Gerald unchecked a popup box, reading 'Connect to existing pipe.'

When the VM started, she began the program 'WinDbg' and went to the System File Path to specify the located symbols. 

Pressing CTRL and K, Teresa started the VM for Windows 10. Messages appeared, reading 'Debugee Connected', pressing CTRL and BREAK. Viewing what was stored in the registers, it took some time, longer than per usual but she felt her groove come back, reminding her of the years before she was married or had any kids. It'd be awhile since she had to bring out her hacking skills.