Chapter 21: Anybody

"We are going to have so much FUN together!" Natalie squealed.

"I'm starting to regret saying yes already..." I mumbled.

"Can I come to the sleepover?" Sphinx asked me.

"No boys allowed and I'm not sorry!" Natalie rubbed it in his face.

"Well, I wasn't asking you!" Sphinx retorted back.

"It is her house so..." Natalie calls the shot, apparently.

"Damn it. I guess I'll just watch movies by myself tonight. Heath likes the horror genre by the way."

"I already rented some chick flicks." Natalie ignored what his brother suggested.

"After school, we ride with Wes. Think of him as our very own personal driver." She added.

"Hey! Still here..." Wes sounded annoyed.

"Sure you are." She said sarcastically.

"If it wasn't for Heath, I would never agree to drive you home." Wes mumbled under his breath.

"You should include me in your sleepover thing because I'm doing you guys a favor by being your chauffer." Wes told Natalie.

"I already said no boys allowed... unless you're..."

"Unless what?" Sphinx got curious.

"Gay." She rolled her eyes.

"I can be gay for one night." Wes winked my way.

"Desperate much? Okay, I changed my mind. You need to be a transgender in order to be invited." She laughed evilly.

"Boy, am I glad that we don't live under the same roof anymore. Tough luck, Wes. You're going to need it." Sphinx grinned.

"Wait, I haven't asked my dad for permission yet." The thought crossed my mind.

"I already took care of it. I called him first thing in the morning today and I pressured him to say yes by threatening to kidnap you." She said proudly.

"Wow, and the crazy bitch of the year award goes to... drumroll please." Wes made fun of his sister while Sphinx did the drumroll effect.

"Losers." She grabbed me by the hand and then she drags me away from them.

"We don't want to be late for class." She waved off to them.

"We have the same classes!" Wes hollered angrily at her.

I have a feeling that Natalie's brothers don't really like her that much.

I get why but for some reason, I don't hate her.

Her pretty looks help I guess... I'm just saying.

*THAT NIGHT*

*CONNOR'S POV*

"Where's Heath, Mr. Sumner? She's running a little late, don't you think?" I cooked her dessert.

"She's sleeping over at a friend's house."

"You mean at Sphinx's?!"

"Like I'd let her. No, it's a girl's house." Mr. Sumner nibbled on his dinner.

"Hey, I have something to ask you. Have you tried anything funny with my daughter?" He asked.

"What do you mean? Like have I tried to make her laugh?"

"No. You know exactly what I mean, boy." He said rather sternly.

"No, I really don't." I ate my dinner away.

"Yes, you do... oh, forget it." He sighed.

"I use protection." I blurted out.

"What?!" Heath's father nearly choked.

"If you're talking about riding my motor bike late at night that is. I use helmet for protection."

"And what does that have anything to do with my daughter?" Mr. Summer raised a brow.

"Uh... nothing. I just wanted to let you know." I flashed him a smile.

"Say, do you happen to know the name of Heath's girl friend, Mr. S?" I got curious.

"I think it was Natalie..."

Natalie? Then that means she's staying over at Wesley's!

Alright, time to call Wes for some sleepover-crashing.

I wonder if anybody ever felt this way?

I mean, it's not the first time that Heath stood me up or made plans without even bothering to inform me but... I'm still so whipped for her!

*HEATH'S POV*

"Why the hell did Augustus Waters die?!" Natalie was about to go on a rampage.

"Because he had cancer?" I answered.

"No, I bet it's because the director wanted us to weep... which is working by the way." She sobbed which I thought was cute.

"There, there. They'll meet in heaven soon anyway. Once Hazel dies they're going to reunite and then they'll have their happy ending." I soothed her back.

"You're right, Heath. You always know what to say... which is why I..." She hugged me unexpectedly which made me lose my balance.

And that's when the door busted open... such perfect timing.

"Oh my God." Tom said.

"Heath, how could you cheat to me with another... girl?!" Connor gasped.

Tim and Wes were right behind them and I don't even want to think about why Wes is looking at us with a rather amused face.

"Who says anything about cheating? And you're not my boyfriend anyway so---"

"I know I'm not you're boyfriend because I'm your fiance which gives me the right to ask why Natalie's on top of you."

"We were just... talking." Connor can be such a drama queen.

"In that position?" Wes chimed in.

"You guys are ruining my sleepover!" Natalie shrieked as she gets off of me.

"Listen, blondie, you've got two options. It's either you let us join in or we abduct Heath out of here." Connor threatened.

"Or I could just call the cops for trespassers." Natalie held out her phone.

"Okay, fine! You win! Whatever..." Connor sounded frustrated.

"See, I told you we're no match for the crazy bitch of the year..." Wes mumbled.

"Aww, c'mon! We just got here! And I thought you said there was going to be a naked pillow fight or something..." Tom sighed.

"Instead we got some lesbian action of some sort." Tim clicked his tongue.

"I am not a lesbian!" Natalie and I said in unison.