Chapter 6: That Was Then

Everything happened so fast that the next thing I knew, I was already shoved inside Connor’s car as he says that he’s going to take me home.

What happened back in the office was like this, Connor dashed in to punch Clark in the face then dragged me out of there.

The guy named Maverick was driving while Connor was seated right beside him and I was at the back, obviously.

None of us spoke the entire time but I did catch Maverick glancing at me a couple of times through the mirror.

Surely, Connor must’ve thought by now that I’m such a slut for being caught up in that kind of position with Clark and his bare chest showing out. He has such bad timing.

When we reached home, Connor unexpectedly followed me inside the house as I headed to the living room where my dad was.

“Heath?” My father gave me a questioning look as he eyed me and then Connor.

“Oh. Um, my apologies for not introducing myself, Mr. Sumner.” Connor greeted.

I eyed him suspiciously… what’s with the nice act all of a sudden?

“I’m Connor Wright and I came here to tell you one thing… I would like to ask for your daughter’s hand in marriage.” He stated seriously which almost made my eyes bulge out of their sockets.

“Heath never mentioned that she has a boyfriend…” My dad was just as surprised as I was but was acting rather calm like always.

“Um… dad… the thing is---“                                                                                         

“It was love at first sight!” Connor cut me out. Here he goes again.

“Well, I see. I guess my daughter’s not a lesbian after all!” My dad said happily.

WHAT? That is all he had to say?!

“So as a start, I would like to request for her to move in with me in my house.” This guy’s way too straightforward.

“No can do. She’s my only daughter and you know how that works, son.” Way to go, dad!

“But… I will allow you to move in with us if you’d like. There are plenty of guest rooms in here anyway.” WHAT?!

“Okay, thank you, Mr. Sumner. I’ll be moving in tonight.” And with that, he happily went off.

Why do I have no say in this?

“Dad! You can’t let him live here!” I protested.

“And why not? He seems to be a good boy and is deeply in love with you… I thought you guys are lovers.” You don’t know anything about that gangster!

“No, we’re not. He’s obviously obsessed with me.” I can’t believe I just said that.

“Whoa, I knew that my daughter’s such a looker! Just like me.” He said proudly.

“That’s not the point. You’re letting a stranger whom you just met briefly today, live here… he might be dangerous or something.”

“Well, he doesn’t seem like that at all.” I am so doomed!
I stormed off the house and had dinner in Sphinx’s home instead.

Dad’s being far too unreasonable so I’m not going back in there… but of course not until Connor found me and carried me off like some wild child with my upper body hanging from his back and him holding my legs in place.