Chapter 5: Right Where You Want Me

“Where were you yesterday?” I asked Sphinx as we walked together to class.

“Uh… I got… sick?” He said, unsure of his own words.

I eyed him suspiciously before placing a hand over his forehead but then he backed away real quick from my touch.

“Are you alright?” I began to worry over my friend’s strange behavior.

“Maybe?” He distanced himself from me a bit.

“You should definitely stop eating cream puffs!” I stated.

“Yeah… that must be it… the cream puffs.” It was like he just realized that now based from his happy expression.

“You’re right, Heath. No more cream puffs.” He promised with a smile. Tsk. Childish guy…

*HOMEROOM*

“Okay class, we have a new student that will be joining us starting today…” Our teacher said.

My jaw dropped open immediately as I eyed him making his entrance.

“Connor Wright.” The teacher continued.

Just what I’ve been dreading…

He then made eye contact with me like he already knew the exact location of my seat.

Okay, truthfully I’m just seated right in front of him so there’s no way that he can’t see me that fast.

“Didn’t he already graduate two years ago?” I heard my classmates whisper around me. What the..?

“I was bored and got nothing else better to do with my life so stop gossiping you hoes.” I heard him say, not breaking our strong eye contact with each other.

He then proceeded to take a seat beside me, making the girl who was supposedly sitting beside me transfer with just one look from him which definitely screams ‘Move, skank!’ Such a jerk.

I got uncomfortable because he was staring at me the whole time until the bell rang but unfortunately, the staring didn’t stop in the next period. He says that he got himself my schedule!

Stalker much? Crush that out, he’s more than a stalker… obsessed, maybe?

“Look, if you want to kill me for ‘ACCIDENTALLY’ kissing you then just do it already. Forget the torture.” I suggested to him during English class.

“Kill you? I’d ask you to marry me instead, that’s what I said before, right?” Even worse than dying.

“How can you possibly ask someone to marry you after just kissing her that one time?” I whispered.

“Hmm… that’s tricky. Let me think… it’s because I LOVE YOU of course!” He blurted out loud enough for the entire class to hear.

He’s insane, I tell you… embarrassing me like that! T-T

I noticed that Sphinx was being rather quiet the whole time since he’s just seated at my other side.

I guess he’s scared shitless of Connor remembering him that night… and also that other time at the mall… always being the one grabbing me away from Connor and all.

*LUNCHTIME*

“Hey, Heath!”

“Natalie.” I eyed her as she made her way to my table.

She can’t possibly sit here again… it’s becoming a habit of hers.

“So, I heard you crashed into Brittany’s party last Friday and I didn’t even get to see you there!” She chatted away as she sat down beside me.