Chapter 15: Daddy's Little Girl

After my not so secret night out with Sphinx since Tom witnessed us there anyway, I remembered that I had other stuff to worry about like my upcoming birthday for example so I decided to just set aside the ‘incident’ with Sphinx which involves our lips smacking together for the time being.

My dad said that he’ll be taking me to some beach resort right across town to celebrate my 18th birthday.

And so here we are… packing our things abruptly.

“Why do you have to come along?” I crossed my arms as I asked Connor a question.

“Why? Well, your father says I could come and I’ll be helping out with the surprise too.” He winked.

Somehow, I’m not that psyched about the said ‘surprise’ anymore.

“Whatever. Just keep your lips to yourself alright? I’m tired of getting stolen kisses from here and there.” I firmly decided not to let anyone near my lips as of the moment to avoid any further complications with my feelings.

Connor just tilted his head to the side, not sure of what I was talking about.

Time to pick Sphinx up…

“You have got to be kidding me!” Trust me, you would’ve said the same thing if you saw what I saw the minute we arrived at the resort.

Connor’s gang.

“Yo! Sup?” Wesley greeted as he chilled out by the pool without a top on…

“Who invited them?” I eyed my dad.

“Actually, this is one of Wesley’s many resorts…” Connor coughed.

So we drove three hours for this?!

“Heath, I promise to give you a birthday that you can’t possibly forget!” Wesley declared.

“Um, no thanks?” Is it really too late to drive back home?

“Incoming!” I heard someone shriek.

*SPLASH!*

It was Tom who did a cannonball out of nowhere with only a short notice at that which splashed me whole.

“Whoops.” I heard him say after shaking his wet hair in the pool.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Stan laughing at me!

Tim was just sunbathing at the sidelines, shirtless of course, in one of the pool relaxing chairs thingy… or was he sleeping?

As for Rick… he was nowhere to be found, not that I care.

“Heath, why don’t you change into your swimsuit before playing in the water?” My dad scolded.

What? No way!"

“Well, excuse me while I get out of these wet clothes…” I said sarcastically, planning to never come back out near the pool ever again, you know, just lock myself up into my room.

“Should I help you out, dear?” Wesley cooed.

Thankfully, my father didn’t hear that one.                   

Now back to my infamous plan of locking myself up for my 18th birthday…

I was just lounging on the bed while reading ‘She’s Romeo Alright!’ on Wattpad which is such a funny story by the way… when suddenly!

*DOOR BURST OPEN*

“There you are! It’s already been like an hour and you still haven’t shown yourself up outside! So the guys convinced me to bring you out instead… we’re having so much fun in the pool! You have got to join us, babe!” Wesley appeared in the room ever so suddenly.