TEN

ROCHELLE

ROCHELLE

"Have you got any food?"

"No."

"Have you got anything to drink?"

"No."

"Not even alcohol?"

"No."

I huff in annoyance, leaning back against the couch and folding my arms over my chest. The lockdown drill has been going on for about half an hour now, meaning I've been trapped in Harry's apartment for a whole 30 minutes. Thankfully, the brain-numbing alarm finally stopped after about 5 minutes, which is good because I think I would've gone crazy if it went on any longer.

While this would probably be the perfect opportunity to get some answers out of Harry, I don't think I'll get the chance seeing as he's been frantically trying to get into contact with someone through his phone. That was until I reminded him that the cellphone service would be cut out in a lockdown drill. He ignored me at first, until about two minutes later when he angrily tossed his phone back down onto the couch, knowing I was right, but obviously not admitting it. Such a typical man.

Pursing my lips, I scan my eyes over the coffee table and suddenly grab the remote control from it. "Can I watch TV?"

"No, all electrical devices are turned off during a lockdown drill."

I raise my eyebrows, lifting one of my fingers to point up to the lights that are still shining down on us. "Last time I checked, lights are powered by electricity."

Harry slowly turns to face me from where he's sat on the end of the couch, a blank expression on his face. "The lights are powered by a different generator."

"Well, that's fucking convenient," I mutter under my breath, letting out a huff as I toss the remote back down onto the coffee table.

I lean back into my seat on the couch, but after a few more minutes of doing nothing, I soon become restless and have to get up again. Harry remains sat on the couch while I begin to aimlessly circle around his apartment, fed up of just sitting there. I occasionally glance over at the front door even though I shouldn't, because I'm trying to forget that it's locked. If I keep thinking about how I'm technically trapped in here, I really will go crazy.

"Can you stop pacing?" Harry eventually asks with a hint of annoyance. "You're like a bloody rabbit hopping around all over the place."

I decide to ignore him and continue pacing anyway. "You know, that's not the first time I've heard that comparison."

"I'm not surprised," he replies, aimlessly flicking through one of his coffee table books. "Rabbits are also annoying as fuck."

I abruptly stop my pacing, crossing my arms and narrowing my eyes at him. "You're really rude."

"Oh no," he mutters dryly, and after noticing my unimpressed expression, he adds, "You're rude to me too. It's only fair I return the favour."

I know that he's right, obviously, but that's what makes it so amusing to me. My lips arch into a smirk as I slowly walk closer to the couch, his eyes on me with every step I take. "You like it though," I hum softly, titling my head to the side as I look down at him. "You secretly like it when I talk back to you, when I challenge you."