FORTY THREE

A

A.N. my gif game? 10/10 wbk

ROCHELLE

When I wake up the next morning, the first thing I see after opening my eyes is Harry still peacefully fast asleep beside me. The white sheets are pooled around the bottom of his spine as he lays shirtless on his stomach, one arm lazily thrown over my waist, the other buried beneath the pillow his head is resting on. His face is turned towards me, his red lips in a slight pout and parted to let out soft puffs of air, his eyelashes fluttering against his cheekbones. He looks so cute and peaceful that I can't help but smile softly to myself at the sight.

Last night, after a rather impromptu make-out session in the pool, Harry eventually coaxed me out of the water and brought me back to his apartment. We individually showered and he made me eat something when I told him I hadn't had dinner yet, and then he pulled me into his bed, tightly wrapping his arms around me and softly murmuring jokes into my ear to cheer me up. Aside from some pretty bad ones, his attempts to make me feel better were successful and I soon fell asleep with the help of his fingers gently trailing through my hair.

My heart swells as I recall it, because he didn't even know what was really wrong with me last night, but he still did everything he could to make me happy again.

After realising I've probably been watching Harry sleep for a little too long now, I let out a small yawn before climbing out of bed. I grab the blanket from the bottom of the bed and wrap it around my shoulders before venturing out into the kitchen, trying to be as quiet as possible while filling up the kettle and grabbing two mugs from the cupboard to make us both some tea. I begin to hum quietly to myself, enjoying the silence of the morning as I toss teabags into the mugs and then fill them with boiling water, adding milk and spoonfuls of sugar, one for Harry, two for me.

When I return to Harry's bedroom with the two mugs, I find that he's beginning to stir, but clearly fighting waking up due to his eyes still being closed and his body in the same position. I set the mugs down on the bedside table before climbing back onto the mattress, leaning over to tap his shoulder. "Harry," I call softly. "Wake up."

I call his name and nudge him a few more times, although when he still doesn't respond, I decide I'll have to take matters into my own hands. I let out a small sigh before clambering onto him, my thighs straddling his back as I gently drum my fists against him. "Harry..." I call softly, leaning over him and lowering my mouth to his ear. "Did you not hear me?"

Despite clearly trying his best to hide it, I notice Harry's lips curve into a faint smile, and then a few seconds later he lowly rasps, "What are you doing?"

"Waking you up," I whisper, running my lips along the shell of his ear.

He hums under his breath, his smirk widening. "I don't think it's working," he murmurs. "Maybe I need more convincing...."