Chapter 5: Choices

Chapter 5: Choices

--

The office is frantic when Katie and I walk through the front door. Mrs. Flary and Mrs. Creedy are rushing between the front desk and various rooms down the hall.

"What is going on Mrs. Creedy!?" I nearly shout when she stops at the front desk to catch her breath.

"We had to let go one of our other interns. She was trying to lay the moves on Jesse, in a rather...forceful manner. I couldn't let that slide." She explained. My face flushed and my cheeks heated at the thought of Jesse. Am I considered "unprofessional" for feeling something for him?

I shifted uncomfortably on my feet and avoided contact with my boss. She shook her head as if reading my mind.

"Don't worry Thea, you always had good intentions. And quite frankly I am rooting for you two." She smiles with a chuckle. If it were at all possible, my face turned an even deeper red. She shuffled away laughing the whole time. 

"I second that." Katie says with a big smile plastered on her face. I laugh at her comment.

Its conflicting because I'm rooting for us too. But, what about friday? What about Sam? I still haven't had the courage to text him, but I have been itching too. He was so nice and made me feel so warm inside. He had a similar effect on me that Jesse did. Could I be falling for two different people?

I decide that this matter needs a second opinion. So, after getting settled and checked in I turned to Katie.

"How would you choose between two people if you were falling for both?"

"Wow, hitting it with hard questions to start the day." She lets out with a chuckle.

My face twists, "No, seriously."

"Well I would probably choose the first person, because if you really liked the second, then you would still actually be in love with the first one." She explained.

"Okay, but get this. If you like two people, shouldn't you choose the second one?Because i you really loved the first, you would never have fallen for the second one." I answered feeling defeated.

"Well dang, no I am just conflicted. Why do you ask?" She looks at me with a mysterious smirk.

"Well, what if hypothetically speaking I met a guy. He is clear minded and kind hearted. He treated me not so well at first, but really showed his compassion for me. But I already had started growing feeling for someone else, who is broken and unclear. He treats me in a rude way but acts like there is something more to the mask he hides behind." I ramble.

"Well crap." She states still trying to process my words.

"I know, and I have that warm and shaky feeling when I am around both of them."

"Well, what I would do is test the grounds. Get to know each one of them a bit more. Maybe learn about the man behind the mask and get to know the new guy. Then ask yourself if you could picture yourself with one of the guys. If you second guess your choice, then you know that you made the wrong one." Katie explains with a triumphant smile.

"Okay I will try that." I state still feeling a little bit uneasy.

————————————————————

Sorry for the short chapter, kind of a filler. But, it correlates to the story somehow.

Please Share! Comment! Vote! :))

-Emma <3