Chapter 4: Belle

Chapter 4: Belle

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. Is that what you want me to say?" He begins.

Walking to my class on the second day, and the first person I see is the man himself. Sam Payne. I had shot him daggers multiple times in the hall as he walked near me to Physics and I may have pushed him over the edge.

"Okay I'm serious, I'm sorry. I'm usually not such a jerk and I felt kind of bad yesterday. My dad and I have been fighting a lot lately, and I sort of took it all out on you. I didn't mean to be so rude, I really am sorry," Sam explains bouncing uncomfortably on his toes. with a sincere expression. I count help but laugh. I laughed till my lungs hurt, the noise filling the room. When I finally calmed down, I started.

"You looked so uncomfortable. For second I didn't think I was talking to the same Sam I was talking to yesterday." I explained letting out a few more giggles in the process. "Don't worry about it though. I get it. All good, no hard feelings.- Sorry for calling you trash though." I let out the last part by breaking eye contact, and glancing at my shoes. I feel a hand connect with my jaw and gently pull back upwards. My eyes meet Sam's gorgeous grey ones, a big grin spread across his face.

"Hey, no hard feelings right?" He asks letting out a small chuckle. He releases my jaw and I begin to oddly miss his hand being there. I nod smiling back and proceed to my seat near the front of the classroom.

When I take my seat I notice Sam taking his directly next to mine. He shoots me a wolfish grin and pulls his notebook from his book bag. I do the same, but when Sam opens his, the first page is filled with small doodles and drawings of various characters and scenes. I gaze at the breathtaking scribbles filling the pages. He begins to add contours to one of his doodles of a child reading a book.

"Wow, you are so talented. Do you study art as well?" I ask without realizing.

"No, it's just a hobby. I'm no good anyway, especially not to major in." He explains in complete honesty.

"No good? You are amazing. You look passionate about it, certainly more than just a hobby. I think it's amazing. Far better than I could ever do." I say with a small laugh.

"Well thank you. Maybe I will consider making it more than just a hobby." He says with a gleam in his eye.

The professor shortly after walks through the door. He writes the names of many famous physicists on his chalk board and tells the class to take notes. He lectures of multiple beliefs and theories of each physicists. But even having supposed to be jotting down notes, I could feel Sam's eyes on me the entire time.

"This material will be within the test this upcoming Friday, so hopefully your notes and study methods can live up to your performance on the test." The professor tells the class as it slowly comes to a close.

"If you want to finally pass this class, maybe you should direct your attention to the teacher instead of me." I inform Sam with a smirk as I pack away my things.

"I'm sorry, I know. Maybe you could give me your notes." He pleas with a desperate look. I nod.

"I was working on this though." He tells me holding open a sketch of a girl in his notebook. She has curls falling down her back, and a delicate expression on her face. There is a crinkle between her eyebrows where she focuses on her paper, and a strand of hair tucked behind her ear. At the bottom of the page the sketch is titled "Belle". I gasp at the beautiful drawing. I give Sam a large smile and grab him into a hug. He is shocked at first in the embrace, but soon recovers and hugs back. He rested his head on my small shoulder and engulfed me in his warmth. He smells of crisp firewood and mint, a surprisingly lovely scent. I whisper into his ear a brisk "thank you" and release with reddened cheeks. When our eyes meet, I could see the frazzled expression on his face. He looks flushed but breaks out into a wide grin. He turns to his notebook and flips to a blank page. He quickly jots down something I am unaware of and tears a piece out. He hands me the small slip and shifts between his feet in a nervous manner. The whole situation is sort of unreal in my eyes and brings a smile to my face.

"My number. Maybe call me sometime, up to you. Have a lovely day "Belle"." Sam lets out a uneven breath and turns on his heels, shuffling out of the room. I just watch his retreating figure with nothing but a bundle of nerves in my stomach.

————————————————————

Sorry for the short chapter and late updating...but there are many chapters to come!!

Please Share! Comment! Vote! :))

-Emma <3