Curiosity

Genji looked with disgust into the mirror. He was wearing one of McCree's flannels that was a bit too big for him and a pair of khaki jeans. He stared down at the shirt and played with the collar. Hanzo and Jesse stared from behind into the mirror. Hanzo pushed Genji's hands from his collar and fixed it.
"Stop messing with it. You look fine."
"I look like a human Hanzo! It is disgusting!"
Hanzo and McCree frowned staring at Genji for a while. Genji shivered.
"How can you stand being so dry all the time?!"
"Maybe ya just need some lotion." McCree grabbed a sqeeze bottle from the nightstand. "Put you're hands out."
Genji did, but gasped when he felt the strange gel come out of the bottle. He nearly dropped it on the floor.
"What is that?! Are you poisoning me?! It's so cold!"
"Relax Genji. This'll make ya feel less dry. Rub your hands together like this."
Genji followed McCree's motions and rubbed the lotion into his arms and hands. Genji sighed in relief and turned back to the mirror. Of course his helmet was hiding his expression, but the way he looked he really didn't want to see his expression.
"Now go talk to Angela."
Genji nodded and waddled his way out to the front porch where Angela sat. He sat on the bench next to her and started to make conversation.
The next morning...
"Jesse! I know you texted but I still can't believe you're alive!"
"Jacob?"
"Is Hanzo there? I want to see him."
McCree looked down at his wat h and groaned loudly using one hand to rub his eyes.
"Jacob, it's three in the morning. Can't ya come back later?" McCree asked. "I assure you that Hanzo is perfectly fine. You could talk to him in a few hours."
Jacob sighed in disappointment.
"Ok, I'll stop by later."
"Jacob wait. Can I ask you something?"
Jacob gave a small nod.
"Why do you care about Hanzo so much all of the sudden?"
"Let's just say I can see why you like the guy. He's much different from the other guys. He's just a genuine good fella. Strong, smart, brave, but mysterious. There's much I've yet to learn about him, but that's what I strive to learn."
McCree's eyes widened and he cleared his throat.
"Well, I should get back to bed. You should too Jacob. I'll see ya later."
"I'll see you later McCree."
The door closed. McCree turned to see Hanzo walking up behind rubbing his eyes awake.
"Was that Jacob? What is he doing here so early?" Hanzo said tiredly.
McCree ushered Hanzo back to the bedroom.
"Don't worry about it darling. He is just a bit too eager to see you."
"To see me? Why does he want to see me?"
McCree sighed.
"I don't know. He seems to favor your company quite a bit. I'm not takin too kindly to that."
McCree stared sternly behind him.
"We can't let Jacob get close. Too close an he'll find out."
"Do you not trust Jacob?"
"What?"
"It seems like he's worthy of trust. So I'm wondering if you trust him?"
"Well, yeah I guess, but this is different. If he found out you're a...y'know merman, he'd probably sell ya or worse! Kill ya! If there's one thing I don't trust him with it's money."
Hanzo lifted an eyebrow and peered out the front window.
"I trust him."
McCree looked down at him sternly.
"Be careful Hanz. You're still new to this whole human thing. We do stupid things to get what we want. It ain't safe for you to be trustin Jacob right off the bat."
Hanzo sighed without another word.
"Let's head back to bed darling."
"Wait."
Hanzo repositioned the blanket on his shoulders.
"How is Genji?"
McCree smiled warmly.
"You asked about him two hours ago. I told ya. Genji and Dr. Zeigler are at the near by motel. He's recovering, Hanzo."
Hanzo let out a breath in relief.
"Thankyou Jesse."
McCree raised his eyebrows and pointed towards the bedroom.
"You need your sleep."
"Yes, of course."
Hanzo turned and headed back to the bedroom. McCree followed behind. Jesse scratched the back of his head as he crawled into bed with Hanzo. He hoped that things would be better soon. It was all too much to take in. Hanzo had a brother and killed him, bun now he's here and hates humans but likes Dr. Zeigler? It was all so confusing.

In the morning...

There was a loud knock at the door.
"That's probably Jacob. You should answer it Han. He's been dying to see ya."
Hanzo got up from the couch and head to the door. He opened it to see Jacob tapping his foot impatiently, but quickly turned to see Hanzo looking back. He let out a sigh of relief and put his hand to his chest.
"Thank god! I thought you were gone for sure. Did something pull you in the water? What happened?"
Hanzo put his hand out and waved it rapidly.
"No no. It wasn't anything like that. I just leaned too far over the water and lost my balance. I couldn't hold my breath for much longer, but I guess Jesse jumped in and pulled me to the small beach behind the rock caves near the doc. I was too weak to walk so he carried me here. I've just been gaining my strength back. Nothing more. I feel fine Jacob."
Jacob stared strangely tilting his head.
"That certainly isn't what I thought happened. I could've sworn I saw someone grab you from the corner of my eye."
Hanzo stared blankly and scratched the back of his head.
"I don't know why you seem so concerned about this. Clearly I am fine now."
Jacob stared with narrow eyes, but blinked and took a deep breath.
"It was just strange. That's all. Hope ya feel better. I better get back to the docs."
Jacob waved goodbye and walked away. Hanzo closed the door and looked at McCree in disgust.
"I think I know what you're talking about."
McCree chuckled.
"He's got me concerned Hanz. I wanna look into it."