|Oh Boy...| Ch. 7

Start from the beginning

.

.

.

.
Which was quite weird for you. Usually you dreamt all the time, but now you weren't. You only saw black. How weird. Maybe it was the fact that you were napping at a later time? Who knew? You weren't a scientist for star's sake.
.

.

.

.

" (Y/N)! WAKE UP YOU LAZY BONES! "

You suddenly shot up with a yelp, hearing a thud from beside you. You looked around confusedly, eyes clouded thick in sleepiness. You blinked slowly, seeing Cherry on the floor beside the couch, rubbing his skull.

" Wha' s'up...? " You murmured quietly, rubbing your eyes with a hand. You shifted your gaze when you felt a weight on your chest, seeing Blue sitting there. You let out a yawn.

" IT'S BEEN THREE HOURS! YOU'LL RUIN YOUR SLEEP SCHEDULE IF YOU SLEEP ANY LONGER! AND I THE GREAT BLUE WILL NOT ALLOW THAT! " You slowly brought a hand up to his mouth in a shushing way, which caused him to fumble with his words and go silent, confusedly looking at you. You stared back with a tired face.

" Na' ri'now Blue Bean. I'm still tired. " You finally muttered, settling back down on the couch.

" It's two o'clock though. Dunno where your mom is, and we can't make lunch. " Cherry's soft voice spooked you somewhat as he clambered back onto the couch, sitting on the arm of it above your head. You let out a defeated sigh, slowly sitting up once again. A blanket fell to the floor by your actions, catching your attention. Your mom must have covered you up when you fell asleep.

" She's probably... At the store? Huh, yah. Pretty sure she was heading to the store today. Alright you two, c'mon now. " You muttered Cooley, mainly to yourself. You offered for the two of them to sit on your shoulders once again like early this morning and they happily made themselves comfy.

Soon you made it to the kitchen after tiredly folding the fallen blanket, and set Blue and Cherry onto the dining table. Then you started your hunt, digging through the cabinets and looking through the fridge. After a bit you settled on some ham and cheese sandwiches and little apple slices. When you had finished making the meals you put the ingredients back and set the dirtied knife into the sink before making your way over to the two of them with plates, setting the food down. Blue had happily started his meal with the sweet apple slices, while Cherry settled on a small chunk of ham sandwich. After a while of munching blindly, you finally noticed the small note at the edge of the dining table. Curiosity overtook you and you read it.

'Gone out for a run and errands. Will start dinner when I get back, don't b̶u̶r̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶ destroy the house while I'm gone. Call if something happens. Love, Mom.'

You grunted at the haphazardly scribbled out words before setting the note back down. You looked over at the two Bittys, who were giving you curious glances.

" Why didn't you tell me my mom left a note? " You asked quizzically, receiving confused looks.

" SHE LEFT A NOTE? I THOUGHT IT WAS CHICKEN SCRATCH. "

" We can't read too well. " Cherry butted in, seeing your slightly offended look. But, to be honest... You thought it did look a little like chicken scratch. Wait. They can't read? Your eyes suddenly lit up brightly, an awesome(At least you thought) Idea popping into your head.

" I could teach you how to write, and learn the english alphabet! " You suddenly shouted before you could register what you were saying. After a second you let out a couch, heat dusting your cheeks in embarrassment as you looked down at the hard tiled floor. " Ah- Sorry. Didn't mean to shout- "

" REALLY?? " Blue stood up from his original spot, smiling giddily. " WOWSERS, THAT WOULD BE A DREAM COME TRUE! " He looked like he was about to explode. It would have been cute if he truly didn't look like he would blow a fuze somewhere.

" You'd truly do that for us? " Cherry gasped, excitement flooding into his voice. He sounded so happy and genuine. The happiness and excitement from the two of them was contagious to say the least. Heck, why not? Couldn't be too hard. Teachers did it for a living, why couldn't you give it a shot?

" Yah! I wouldn't mind. Can't be too hard, right? "

Oh how wrong you were.

____
Heya lovelies! I kinda really just wanted to write some cute little things for this chapter, because why not? Every story needs it! uwu

Anywho, I'd just like to point out that you should definitely go check out PotatoTheChip if you haven't read any of their books already! They're such an amazing author, and their stories are so good and fun to read!

Until next chapter, Buh' bye! ;p