ten

[this is more of an extra filler chapter bc i wanted to write/need to upload/i love jisung]

"hyunjin! wake up!" jisung screamed as he shook hyunjin awake. "you're going to be late!"

hyunjin rubbed his eyes and looked up groggily at his friend who was fully dressed with his backpack on.

"what time is it?"

"10:45!"

"what the hell, dude, our classes start at 11!" hyunjin threw the sheets off him and pushed past jisung, stumbling a bit before regaining his balance. "why didn't you wake me up earlier?!"

"you looked cute sleeping... plus, i thought you deserved it." jisung calmly explained. hyunjin was running around the kitchen, pouring cereal into a bowl and eating it dry (he knows he's a disgrace, but hey, dry cereal can be good). he ran around, gathering his study materials from that (roughly) one hour of studying he actually did. how did i even manage to get my textbook in the laundry basket?

"jisung, can you get my clothes out?" jisung nodded and headed into hyunjin's room to get an outfit ready while his friend swallowed the last pieces of cereal in his bowl.

"i tried to get somethings that matched but i bet at this point you don-"

"thank you, love you!" hyunjin pushes past jisung and started changing without even bothering to close the door.

"-t even care if they do or not. love you too?" jisung went to the bathroom and got hyunjin's toothbrush ready as hyunjin cape stumbling in while tucking in his shirt. "here you-" hyunjin snatches the toothbrush out of his hand and instantly started brushing. "i didn't even wet it."

"i don't care." hyunjin sputtered out. jisung gave him a look of disgust and walked out of the room to leave hyunjin to his own business. hyunjin continued brushing his teeth as he used his free hand to attempt to tame his hair. eventually, he gave up. you know what, it's adult school, no one cares what you look like at this point.

after ringing out his mouth and putting the final touches on his somewhat tamed hair, he dashed out and grabbed his backpack. he ran to the doorway and found the easiest tennis shoes and slipped them out and opened the door. wait, jisung!

he turned back around to opens the door but it, somehow, magically opened on its own.

"ready?" jisung asked calmly. hyunjin nodded, out of breath from the chaotic morning, and the two started on their way to class.

-

"you're kidding me." hyunjin dropped his bag and sat against the wall. he dropped his head into his hands and let out the heaviest sigh ever.

"well... i guess we have a free day now."

"i rushed this morning for nothing?!"

"that's what it seems like, yeah."

"why didn't you check the schedule?!"

"i could've sworn we had a lecture today..." hyunjin sighed again and stood up with his stuff. jisung scratches his head and adjusted his backpack strap. please don't hate me, jinnie.

"well." hyunjin looked around to make sure they weren't the only ones.

they were the only ones.

"i guess we can hang out now." jisung exclaimed and started walking down the stairs. hyunjin sighed yet again and followed his friend. "where are we going to go?"

"cafe?"

"okay!" jisung jumped off the last step and started skipping down the path, not missing a beat. hyunjin smiled and went after his friend, hoping he doesn't hurt himself on the way.

-

"i'll have a hot coco, please! hyunjin?"

"an iced americano, please."

"alright. can i have a name, please?"

"jisung." jisung handed the cashier his card to pay as hyunjin found a seat for the two of them.

"okay. pick up is over to your left and i will call your name once your order is ready."

"okay, thanks!" jisung went to sit by hyunjin at the two persons table and rested his head in his hand. "he's cute."

"who?" hyunjin turned around but saw no one in their general area.

"not a customer, silly, the employee!" jisung whisper shouted as he hit hyunjin's head.

"ow. i mean, i guess. not really my style but sure thing."

"well, he's cute to me so." jisung smiled and continued looking at the barista making their order.

"tch." hyunjin looked out the window beside them, looking at the people walk by. he saw a few students from the school but no one who know him. i wonder what seungmin's doing...

"oh yeah! jinnie, why's you ask me that last night?"

"ask- ask you what?"

"the question about crushes. and don't tell me you were just curious, you always have a legitimate reason for everything you do."

"i just... was reading a book earlier and this character was like... contemplating... everything."

"not true, you were with seungmin like the whole day."

"we went to a library...?"

"that's obviously a lie. you should get better at lying."

"well i'm sorry i'm a very truthful person."

"come on jinnie, you tell me everything. what's going on?" jisung looked slightly concerned and hyunjin just sighed. please call his name now.

"order for jisung!" jisung sprang up and hurried to the pick up before quickly scuttling back with two drinks and straws.

"oh my gosh!" jisung's hand flew up to cover his mouth and he tapped hyunjin's arm persistently.

"what? what?" hyunjin spilled a little bit of his drink and wiped it up quickly.

"the- the cute barista! he!" jisung pointed at the napkin and started bouncing up and down in his seat. hyunjin snatched the napkin off the table and saw some messing writing on it.

"over heard you and your friend, and i think you're pretty cute too. :)
xxx-xxx-xxxx"

"ji, that's... that's amazing!" hyunjin smiled at his friend who was currently covering his cheeks as if it would stop the blushing from spreading like a wildfire.

"what do i do?!" jisung was whisper shouting but hyunjin could hear the employee chuckle behind him. "oh gosh, i'm too loud, aren't i?"

"just a tad." it was hyunjin's turn to chuckle and ruffle his friends hair.

"stop, i need to make a good impression!" jisung turned to the window and adjusted his slightly messy hair. "oh my gosh, i'm a mess, i don't know what to do!"

"text him! well, like, once we leave. for now just play it cool."

"but i'm not cool!"

"well... how am i supposed to know what to do?!"

"shit, you're right. oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!" jisung was just covering his face and avoiding any eye contact with the employees behind his friend. "you'll come to my funeral, right? and you'll invited the cute barista? wait, no, don't do that. or do. i don't know, because he would technically be the my cause of death."

"oh my gosh, you're such a panicked gay, ji."

-

1150 w.
3/6/19
unedited