part 14 ~ back to the heart

When I pulled the car into Matt's front yard, anxiety started pumping in my stomach. As if I had never been there, never been with him. It was just like starting over. I didn't even know why I had put so much effort in what to wear anyway. Lies. Of course I knew. I was head over heels for him, and I lowkey wanted him to like me.

    I felt like a twelve year old whose crush invited her over. It was pretty weird, if you ask me. I slowly walked towards his front door and bit my lips nervously before knocking.

    When the door opened, my heart dropped. He was as handsome as ever before, in that white formal shirt and black jeans. His smile lit up the room, and I found myself staring a little bit too much. I was so screwed.

    《Woah, um. You're -- incredible. Will you please come in?》 he smiled sheepishly and signaled me to walk into his house.

    《T-Thank you, sure》I stuttered embarrassed as I followed him inside.

    His living room was full of red candles and the atmosphere was both intimidating and intimate. There were pillows on the rug, which caused my mind to have a little flashback.

    《I thought it would be a good idea to recreate our first date》Matthew smiled shyly. Ohmygod.

    《That's actually really sweet》I blushed, he nervously laughed and disappeared in the kitchen.

    I placed my coat on the couch and sat on one of the pillows. The short coffee table was well organized so we would've probably eaten there. That was so cute. When Matt walked back, I noticed he was carrying two plates.

    《Um, it's probably bad but -- at least I tried》he threw me a brief look before placing it on the table. Spaghetti with tomato sauce. I smiled at his clumsiness and shook my head in disbelief.

    《Did you cook this?》I laughed a little.

    《Yeah, I really hope it's good》he nervously chuckled as he finally sat down in front of me.

    《Harry keeps calling me》Matt suddenly sighed desperately.

    《Can I-?》I asked him to have his phone so I could answer the call. He shrugged and did what asked, so I picked up.

    《Hey, Matthew is kinda busy at the moment. Please call later?》I faked the voice-mail's tone, which caused Matt to brust into a loud laughter.

    《Who's this? Is Matt laughing??》Harry gasped.

    《I'm pretty sure he is, yeah. But I feel kinda offended》

    《Olive??

~

    As a cheesy romantic movie started playing on Netflix, I hoped Matthew would come sit next to me. Like really hoped. I don't know what I was expecting exactly, but I was craving any kind of physical contact with him. It had been so long. Too long. I just wanted to hug him.

    When he came back less than five minutes later, he eventually sat down beside me. I internally cheered, pathetic. My whole body shook as our hands touched for like less than a second. Matthew was lost in his thoughts, but I could see how hard he was trying to actually watch the movie. I had to do something.

    I placed my hand next to his nonchalantly, pretending not to notice. I moved it a little so I could touch his, and it worked, cause right after he held it in his. The warmth of his touch caused my whole being to shut down. What was he doing to me?? I intertwined my fingers with his, but he snapped his head in my direction and stared deep into my soul.

    《You okay?》he sweetly asked.

    《Mh-mh》I lied, embarrassed.

    《Would you feel better if I did.. this?》he whispered as he slowly faced me and got closer, leaving a soft wet kiss on my cheek.

    《Definitely》I whispered back, breathless, with my eyes still closed. When I opened it, I found him a few inches from my face staring at my lips. --《Matthew

    《Yeah?》he smiled sheepishly.《Is something wrong?》

    I could sense the tension getting higher by time. What if I.. mh, no. Maybe not. I locked eyes with him and unwillingly bit my bottom lip in embarrassment. He eventually leaned in until our noses touched, a freezing shiver travelled from my head to my toes.

    《Are you, like, busy this weekend?》he asked without stepping back.

    《I don't know, why?》I asked back breathless.

    《Maybe we could go get some McDonald's? After a nice movie. That'd be nice》

    《I guess it would》I smiled sheepishly like a dumbass.

    All of a sudden, I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him closer, so I pushed my lips on his. He reacted quickly by wrapping his arms around me, while I ran my fingers in his soft black hair.

    《S-Sorry, I don't know what took over me》I pushed him away a little, embarrassed.

    《Please do that again》he breathed against my lips.《I seem to like it pretty much》

    《Dumbass》I brusted into laughter.

    《No, but, seriously. Kiss me