part 9 ~ ouch, drunk people

Matt's phone buzzed all of a sudden, causing both of us to jump in fear. He cursed and picked up the call with a husky voice.

    《Hey, yeah. No I'm- I'm running late, there's so much traffic》he lied, I rolled my eyes.

Oh, Olive? Yeah, yeah I'll do that. Be right there》he hung up.

        I glanced up at him with a questioning look, breaking the laying cuddle position. He rolled his eyes and playfully smiled.

    《It was Dominic. I might have told him I would've reached them at the club after this thing I had to do》he smirked.

    《Very mature of you》I teased,《I simply said I was busy》

    《He also asked me to come and get you to come with me. They're so clueless it's kinda exciting》

    《Yeah?》I teased him some more as I pressed my lips on his and pulled away right after.

    《We better get going. Let's just clean this mess and we leave, okay?》he pointed at the empty pizza boxes and all the DVDs on the ground.

    《Okay Matthew》I chuckled and got up.

        I cleaned Em's living room coffee table, floor, and the kitchen table. I threw the empty pizza boxes and asked Matt to remind me to throw it outside, so Emeraude wouldn't suspect a thing. When I glanced at the clock, it was 1am. I growled and got into Matt's car.

    《You don't wanna go?》he asked as he started the vehicle.

    《Not really but yeah. I'm so tired》I yawned.

    《Yeah, I bet you are》he threw me a mischievous smirk.

    《You better stop doing that or they're gonna notice》I blushed.

    《It's still only us right now》he leaned in and pecked my warm cheek.

~

        As we entered the club, our friends' eyes snapped on us. I quickly pulled away my hand from Matt's and threw them a warm smile.

    《Olly! You made it!》Emeraude happily yelled.

    《Yeah, hey! You didn't drink all those yourself now, did you?》I pointed at the large amount of empty glasses on their table.

    《I helped her, obviously!》Dominic laughed hysterically, obviously drunk. I raised an eyebrow at him and chuckled.

    《Yeah I see that》

    《Wow, you're so elegant! Did you two get married? WHY WASN'T I INVITED TO THE WEDDING?》Dominic suddenly yelled to mine and Matt's face.

    《Okay, maybe it's time for you to go home》Matt sweetly grabbed our friend and carried him to his car. I went after them.

    《You're leaving already?》I frowned at Matt, his pinkish cheeks shining by the night lights.

    《I will be right back, don't move》he warmly smiled. I sadly nodded and stepped back inside.

~

        The music was awful, really. The volume too high. I took a seat next to Emeraude and looked around. The only people left out of our friends were her, Kat, and Alberto. Em was giggly and would laugh at literally anything. Not to mention that she was seriously laughing at a chair.

    《Maybe you should get home too》I told her. She snapped her eyes at me and laughed.

    《You're so funny! I LOVE YOU, OLIVE!》she yelled, I sighed and rolled my eyes.

    《I love you too but- really. We should get back home, alright? I'll go tell Kat and Alberto》

        When I reached the dancefloor I was trapped. Stuck between sweaty, smelly, and bouncing bodies. However, I managed to reach the two of them and informed them I was going to leave with Em. They nodded and hugged me goodbye.

        My way back to the table was even worse. A nightmare, really. Some tall guy approached me in a very flirty was. I blushed and froze in embarrassment, trying to push him away uselessly.

    《Hey! Stay away from my girl, you hear me?!》a familiar deep voice suddenly shouted from behind me, a strong grip on my waist.

    《Geez! Didn't know the slut here had a boyfriend!》the guy giggled.

        I loudly gasped, hurt, and I saw Matt reacting real quick. He threw a punch on the guy's face, causing him to fall to his own feet.

    《Matthew! What the hell?!》I yelled in shock.

    《Let's just go home, okay?》he answered with a dull tone, his eyes still stuck on the other guy.

~

        The ride back home was silent. None of us said a word, and Emeraude was now asleep next to me in the passenger seat. I could feel Matt's eyes on me through the car mirror, but I ignored it.

    《Olly..》he started,《Would you please look at me for a second?》

        I sighed and locked my eyes on his. He looked both sad and guilty, it was awful.

    《You're mad at me?》

    《Obviously not》I softly reassured him,《I just- I hate fights, that's all》

    《You don't look like a- um-》he gulped,《You know》

    《Thanks Matthew》I softly chuckled at his cuteness.

    《Have I told you that you look gorgeous tonight?》he grinned through the car mirror again.

    《Only a couple of times, yeah》I shyly smiled and blushed.

    《Good》

~

        Matt and I helped Emeraude get off the car and carried her in her bedroom. I asked Matt to wait for me in the living room so I could undress Em and slide her in her sleepwear.

        After five minutes, I was done and proud of myself. I stepped out of her room and quietly closed the door. Matt was standing by the door, his arms locked together behind his back.

    《I mean, you could've sat down, you know》I joked, he laughed shyly.

    《I should go now, my sisters are home already and I don't want to wake them up》

    《Can you give me twenty more minutes?》I gave him my puppy eyes.

    《Okay》he laughed cheerfully,《For what?》

    《Snuggles?》I smiled shyly, causing him to laugh again and nod.