Nine

“I told you before, and I’ll tell you again. It’s none of your business.”

Jungkook laughed. “So stubborn.” He stroked my jaw. “But...I’d still like to know. Because it makes me angry to see you in such states as you were in today.”

“Well, I live with you now, so I’m sure it won’t be much of a problem, Now will it?”

“I don’t know. Will it?”

“Probably not.”

“That’s not the answer I wanted to here.” He Said.

“Well, that’s the answer you going to get. Now, I’m tired and I need to go to sleep. So why don’t we just end this conversation here.”

“Stubborn as always.” I stood and walked around the bed, changing into some sweat pants and then sliding into the bed beside me. I fell backwards and side, putting my hands behind my head.

Jungkook wrapped his arms around me, pressing my back to his chest. His chin rested gently on my head and I relaxed in the warmth of his body. Sleep came quickly, clouding over my brain.

Sometimes I wish I didn’t sleep. I was often haunted by the memories and dreams of my past. This one was particularly cruel. One of the worst things that had ever happened to me. It was the day that Taemin had gotten physical.

I’d met up with him when we were fifteen because he had asked to do so. I’d seen him a couple of times before. This was before I had realized what he had taken from me already, and I still considered him to be my true twin, inseparable and friends.

Until he’d shoved me into the back of the car he’d stolen from his adoptive parents and tied me up. He’d driven out to a deserted park and had crawled backwards. “Brother?”

“I’ll teach you to disobey me.”

“What?” He had slammed his hand down onto my abdomen and raked it further, grabbing my pants and shoving them down. “What are you doing!? Let me go! Taemin!”

I clenched my teeth as his fingers shoved inside of me. “Why couldn’t you have just died with Mom and dad?” He said harshly.

“S-stop.” I Said, struggling futile. “I-it hurts.”

“Damn right it hurts. This’ll teach you to be obedient.” He grabbed his belt and threw it on the floor. He grabbed his pants, lifting up my legs.

“Stop...!”

I jerked awake and sat up quickly. I was sweating all over and scared out of my mind. I sighed when I realized where I was and brought my knees up to my chest, resting my head on them.

I looked over at Jungkook, and jerked away when I saw him sitting up beside me. He had a murderous expression on his face.

“What...did you just say?” He said slowly, carefully.

“I...didn’t say anything.” I said, turning my head.

“You talk in your sleep, you know.” He grabbed my shoulder and spun me around. I stared at him, wide eyed as I fell backwards. He landed on top of me, holding my wrists down. “Now you’re going to tell me the truth. Now. Does your brother fuck you?”

My mouth went dry and my mind went horribly blank. All I could do was stammer out, “Y-Yes.” Something even more dangerous flashed in his eyes and he pushed off of me. He slid off of the bed and grabbed a shirt, throwing it on and then some dress pants. I sat up as he walked towards the door. “Where are you going!?”

“It’s none of your concern.” He replied darkly. As he stepped out, he slammed the door behind him. I flinched at the echo it made.

The next morning I opened my eyes slowly. I sat up and slid off of the bed, looking around. A box rested in the corner with my name labeled on it. I opened it and took out a pair of clothes, slipping them on.

I grabbed the other box that had everything else I owned. I opened it slowly, taking out all of the books and old artifacts I liked to collect. A knock sounded on the door and I turned as it opened. Misa came in and smiled, Jin walking in behind her.

“Good morning Taehyung!” Misa Said, before bowing and leaving.

“Did you sleep well last night?”

“Not particularly, no.” I said truthfully, turning back to my things. I put everything back in the box and pulled the cover back on. I put it back in the corner and turned to Jin again. “What brings you here today?”

“Jungkook sent me to get you.”

“Oh, Okay.” I followed him out and we left the apartment. I slid into the seat facing him in the car.

“I heard you like to talk in your sleep.” He mused.

“Not something I’ve ever known about.” I Said helpfully.

“Jungkook was quite angry this morning.”

“Well, he did leave in the middle of the night seeming to be in not the best of moods.”

“Ah, did he find out?”

“I didn’t really expect to tell him in my sleep.” I sighed out, relaxing on the seat.

Jin leaned forward, “You are so calm. You know we are heading to your brother now, Yes?”

“Wasn’t hard to figure out. But could I really do anything?”

“No, I suppose not.” I crossed my arms and looked out the window. “Do you feel bad for him?”

“Every time I even think about him, my mind goes blank. I feel like a can’t breathe. I feel as if I would be relieved if something bad were to happen to him.”

“Do not regret this feeling, Little Cub. He deserves everything that will come to him.” I didn’t say anything as we pulled up to Blue Lily Inc. Before he got out of the car, I grabbed his wrist.

“May I ask a favor of you?”