Chapter 2

*Beep beep beep*

What is that annoying noise? I groan in protest at the consecutive beeping sound. Slowly I open my eyes and instantly close them tightly irritated by the bright light shining down in the white painted room. Regretting my actions as I feel excruciating pain throb into my skull by the bright light, I place my hand on the part that hurts rubbing the area to rid out the pain but I immediately extract my hand back down as I feel more immense pain invade the spot. I whimper in response praying for the pain to stop. I pry my eyes open into a squint as the door to the room slides open. As my eyes start to focus on my surroundings, I see a lady in scrubs, indicating that I am currently admitted into the hospital. The nurse looks down at the chart in her grasp. When she finished reading the results, she lifts her head up and locks her eyes with mine. She offers me a small smile and heads towards the annoying beeping machine by my side to check my condition. She turns towards me and introduces herself.

"Hello Y/n. My name is Ms. Yoo. Your in great condition. On a scale one through ten, how would you rate you pain?" she said sweetly.

"Hello Ms. Yoo. I think it's a 6 or 7. May I ask why my head hurts?" I questioned her.

"Ah, I see. You were admitted because you hit your head in the restroom where you work. It cracked part of your skull. We had to do surgery on the part to check if your brain was affected and fortunately everything was fine. We sealed up your skull and you should be able to leave within 7 days. I will go and grab the doctor. He will give you more information." she stated.

"ok, thank you." I thanked her.

She smiled and headed out of the room closing the door behind her. I sighed in relief knowing it was nothing too serious. A few minutes later the doctor struts into the room and smiles showing his two rows of teeth.

"Hello Y/n! My name is Dr. Shin. As Ms. Yoo was saying, you should be able to leave within a few days. We will check on any side effects from the surgery and to see if any of your motor skills were damaged. When you are all clear, we will discharge you. Do you have any questions?" He informed me.

"Ah thank you. I do have a question. Am I not supposed to experience any memory loss?" I questioned.

" You did hit your head pretty hard. Are you experiencing any right now?" He asked

"Yes, I don't remember hitting my head. My last memory was when I was speaking with my coworker." I informed.

"Is that so? It is not serious so you don't have to worry. Sometimes people do get their memory back and others don't in the same situation you were in. I'll get the nurse to give you painkillers to ease your pain. If you have any other questions don't hesitate to call for me." he appraised.

"Thank you." I said in gratitude.

He smiled in response and exited the room. I was left alone with my thoughts running wild. How in the world did I end up hitting my head to the point my skull cracked? That's ridiculous! I'll ask Eunmi when I go to work. As I was picturing different scenarios and possibilities of how I got my injury, the door opened revealing my parents and my younger sister.

"Hey sweetie. How do you feel?" my mother asked in worry.

"I'm fine mom. They already gave me painkillers and I'm drowsy." I replied.

"That's good to hear." my father said.

"How long has it been?" I said while yawning.

"It's been two days sweetie. You should go back to sleep. It's already 11pm." my mother informed.

"Are you guys going back home or are you staying here?"

"We have the whole room to ourselves. We are staying here." my father said.

"Ok. Good night then." I wished them.

"Goodnight Y/n." My mom and dad said

My younger sister, Seoyoon, climbed up on my hospital bed and cuddled into my side. I wrapped my arms around her torso bringer closer to my body for warmth. My parents smiled at us and walked over to the long couch by the window and snuggled up to one another and fell asleep. My sister looked up at me and smiled. I gave her a slight smile back and kissed her forehead and settled down.

"Good Night Eonni! I love you!" Seoyoon whispered into my ear softly and gave me a kiss on my check.

"Good night buttercup! I love you too!" I whispered back slipping into a deep slumber.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

It was early in the morning and visiting hours were now open. People visited their loved ones and friends who were admitted into the hospital. I was fast asleep as it was only 6 in the morning when I was suddenly woken up. I groaned and was about to curse at whomever the culprit was but as I opened my eyes, my desire faded as my best friends face comes into view.

"Hey Eunah. Why are you here so early?" I croaked out.

"I have a shift in around half an hour so I am only able to visit now. How do you feel?" she whispered as my family was still fast asleep.

"I feel like sh*t." I said grumpily.

She snickers at my response and I send her a nasty glare. Seeing my threat, she stops and her facial expression becomes serious.

"Y/n, do you remember what happened in the restroom during the attack?" she interrogated me.

"No,... that was what I was going to ask you. All I remember was us discussing the new item added to the bakery and that's it. My memory is foggy after that." I replied.

"Hmmm... we checked the CCTV and there was nothing. The footage from when the guy stepped into the shop to the time you left was gone. It was like someone cut it out." she exclaimed.

"Really? That's strange. Did they check for DNA or anything?" you questioned.

"No, There was absolutely no evidence whatsoever. Only your blood was left on the floor as evidence that something actually happened in there. At least your injury is under control so we don't have worry about it as much. I have to go now. My shift starts in...20 minutes. I'll visit later ok?" She said while standing up.

"Ok, I'll see you later! Love ya!" I replied.

"Love you too!" She said back as she walked out of the room sending me a flying kiss. I chuckled at her and tried to get comfortable on this small stiff bedding. I looked down at my sister and kissed her forehead before falling back into my beauty sleep.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi guys! I added more to this chapter and decided to make Eunmi as y/n's bestie. Look out for a another update! Possible today! Please comment and vote! -타른💜

Ps. For all the AS readers! I am putting Abandoned School on hold. I have no inspiration to write that book. So sorry!