Episode 1 A new start

For the past 3 days, I've heard the sounds of cars crashing, people screaming, and gunshots. I'm just cooking a roman at the moment. I look out and see it's almost nighttime time but not quite. As I'm cooking I hear the sound of the dead.

(Y/N) "Sounds like someone disturbed them..."

I say as I walk over to my window and see two men pushing a green-looking car. And it looks like they have a working truck! I see them struggling a bit and decide to grab my "Dad's" pistol, and a knife from the kitchen, and finally the pack full of supplies at record-breaking speed. And started to run out and help them the best I can. I see a little girl run and help them as I do the same. As I come in I hear the guy on my right say.

(???) "What?! W-Where did you come from?!"

He said while pushing. As we get done he then says quickly.

(???) "No matter! Let's go!"

I nod and run with them to the truck. The guy in the green shirt gets in the driver's seat, the little girl gets in the middle and the other guy with the blue shirt gets in the left side. I join the guy in the back and we drive off fast. I hear the guy in the driver's seat sort of and he says.

(???) "For just "some guy," it seems like you've saved a bunch of lives today"

The rest of the way to wherever we were heading, was mostly small talk between me and the guy in the back.

\Time Skip Night Time/

We seem to have arrived at a farm of sorts and we take a right turn into a small opening in the cornfield and park next to another truck and a house. We all get out as the guy I now know as Chet says.

(Chet) "Hey, Shawn... I'm a' run on home. My mama's gonna be in a snit"

Which Shawn then replies with.

(Shawn) "No sweat, man. I'll catch you tomorrow night"

Chet then says to us.

(Chet) "It was nice to meet Y'all"

He then walks away as we hear someone come out of the house. We look to see a man with white hair. He then says.

(???) "Thank God, you're ok"

He says as he walks toward us. Shawn then replies with.

(Shawn) "I was worried it'd be bad here, too"

They then share a hug as the old guy says.

(???) "Been quiet as usual the past couple days. Ol' Breckon down the way thinks his mare's gone lame but that ain't nothing new"

(Shawn) "I wouldn't have made it back without Chet"

(???) "Well, I'm glad you took him with you then"

He then looks to us and puts his hands to his side and says.

(???) "You've brought a couple guests"

I then hear who I know as Lee says.

(Lee) "We just need a little... Help. We won't stay long"

(Y/N) 'Thanks for speaking for me... Dick'

(???) "Good."

(Y/N) 'Again... Dick'

(???) "You're welcome to stay here, but just for the night. I don't run a bed and breakfast"

(Y/N) "....."

(???) "So it's just you your son and daughter then"

(Shawn) "Oh, not his daughter, he's... well... Just some guy who found her alone. As for the boy well, he just kinda showed up when we were pushing the car out of the way"