Chapter 38~ Tragedy strikes

How tf did this book get 80th place in fanfiction. That tag has a million books and THIS thing is so high? You guys are crazy.

Thank you I love you all! <3

But not enough to postpone the angst let's go ;>

4

The day was going perfectly.

You had waken up beside your boyfriend, snuggled to his chest with your wings lazily wrapped around you both.

You had managed to sneakily leave and make them a big breakfast consisting of eggs, bacon and, of course, toast.

And now everyone was sitting on the carpet in the living room, full after breakfast, playing a board game.

"Now if my calculations are correct I have 30.5% chance to roll the correct number that will let me to go to-" Gaster was mumbling to himself, shaking the dice in his hands with great difficulty considering the two giant holes in the middle of them.

You laughed, giving Gaster a light slap on the shoulder.

"Stop nerding out and just throw! We don't have all day" The kids nodded eagerly at your words, eyes shining as they waited for their dad to make his move.

"Actualy, we do. It's my day off so you got me mostly for yourself" He answered, finally throwing the small object and crossing his fingers to get the right number.

A few seconds of silence passed and then Gaster threw his arms in the air, letting out a loud 'WOOO' as he rolled just the number he wanted.

Very smugly, he moved his pawn past everyone else's and onto the finish line.

Sans and Papyrus took the 2nd and 3rd place respectively, also rolling enough to finish.

You groaned, looking at your (f/c) pawn that still had almost half of the boars to go through, courtesy of very bad rolls.

"You guys just got lucky" You pouted, crossing your arms and pretending to be mad.

"Seems like someone doesn't know how to loose" Gaster sung out teasingly, a very smug smirk on his face as he started packing up the game.

"Oh shush you! Bet I can beat you in the next one we play!" You challenged, watching as a competitive glint appeared in Gaster's eyes.

"Oh you're on! Just don't go pouting when me and my boys leave you in the dust again!" He wrapped his arms around your kids as he said so and you loudly gasped, putting your hand on your chest in fake shock.

"My sons against me? Oh the betrayal! How shall I cope with such heartbreak!" Moving your other hand to your forehead, you very dramatically pretended to faint.

The kids busted out laughing and you couldn't help but break the act, giggling while sitting back up.

Even Gaster was chuckling, covering his mouth with one of his hands.

It was perfect.

Too perfect.

A loud, frantic knock brought the family out of the blissful moment, Gaster getting up to answer the door.

You, having a bad feeling about whatever was happening, ushered Sans and Papyrus back to their room, them luckily not questioning it, understanding the heavy shift in the house's atmosphere.

You came back down hesitantly just in time to see Gaster talking with who seemed to be one of the palace guards. One look send towarda you by your lover told you something horrible had happened.

The teleporting didn't take long and you soon found yourself in the familiar walls of the castle.

You wasted no time to admire it and instead rushed down a corridor with Gaster, your hand finding his in search of some comfort.

You didn't even wait to knock on the door to the Royal pair's bedroom, Gaster already pushing it open.

"We got the message! What is the matter?" He asked, out of breath.

The sight in front broke the two of you.

Chara was lying in the giant bed, looking weak and sick. Their eyes were half closed, the usually bright red eyes now dull. Asriel was standing right beside them, their hand in his with tearful eyes.

The King and Queen were besides them too, Toriel quite close to sobbing while Asgore's usual soft smile was gone.

"We don't know what happened. One moment they were playing happily in the ruins and then suddenly Asriel is yelling for help!" Asgore explained, seeing his wife was definitely not able to.

You immiedietly crossed the room towards the sick child, already trying to search your mind for any memory of something like this happening in your days of human life.

You found nothing.

Gaster saw your distress and gently took your hand, squeezing it in comfort as he tried to get more information from the parents.

"Asriel...?" A weak voice called out, belonging to no other than Chara.

The goat monster gently brushed away the hair that was in his siblings face.

"I'm here Chara. I'm here." Your soul hurt at how broken the kid sounded.

"I... I want to see... The outside again..." They didn't need to specify what kind of outside, Asriel already knowing exactly what they meant by that.

"I'll get you to see the outside. I promise." You didn't notice the burning determination in his eyes as he said that, nor get what he meant by that at the time.

Oh how you wish you realised sooner.

ΩΩΩ

Chara passed away two weeks after.

That in itself would have been breaking enough, if not for the fact that they weren't the only one.

Asriel kept his promise and absorbed Chara's soul, easily passing through the barier and bringing them out.

He was killed soon later by a bunch of angry villagers.

The Queen was devastated, not leaving her chambers for the next month, leaving Asgore to deal with the outrage among monsters by himself.

Gaster took a long break from work, spending every second he could with his children, showing them just how much they meant to him whenever he could.

As for you?

You felt as if it was a message from the world. That no matter what, no one would escape the pain and death.

It was a warning for the years to come.

Something had changed.

And it was only going to get worse from there.

"Fallen angel, just let go-"