Chapter 35~ It was never meant to be

Start from the beginning

"Hello, general"

Your blood ran cold, head snapping towards the voice so fast you felt like you were going to break your neck.

There, standing casually in the snow, with his white and gold wings shining proudly, was someone you had thought you'll never see again.

Your once second in command.

Your first instinct was to protect the kids, so you quickly ushered them behind yourself, eyes narrowing at the man standing in front of you as he casually played with a very familiar sword.

Your sword.

"Elin? You've finally moved up the ranks! Did sleeping around with every general you could finally pay off?" You casually said, trying to shield the fact you were absolutely terrified.

Elin growled, his dark blue eyes narrowing at you and his grip on your sword tightening. However, he quickly calmed down, letting out a huff and moving his hand through his chocolate brown hair to push it back away from his face.

"No, actually. Thanks to your little stunt from a year ago I got your position. So thank you." He mocked back, grinning.

You huffed, your wings instinctively sprouting from your back to shield you and your kids, which did nothing considering how small they now were.

"You went all the way here to thank me? You're welcome. Now leave." Growling under your breath, you glared daggers at him, but unlike before, he no longer backed down, instead shooting you a glare of his own.

"You know what I'm here for. So come back willingly, or I'll have to force you." Ending your game of back and forth, he pointed the sword towards you, the blade catching on fire. The flames were black, dancing on the metal in their dangerous beauty.

"Look at you now! You were one of the best out there! Strong, feared, respected. Now even your wings are almost gone! You know what will happen when they're fully gone, don't you? And I guarantee that you won't be welcomed back as a hero. But, if you come back now and leave the walking corpses you call family behind, HE might be merciful enough to forgive you."

Rolling your eyes, you crossed your arms, knowing full well it wouldn't change anything.

"Oh please. We both know that I can beat you even like this. You'll have to drag me up there by force." Was your final answer as you readied your fists, getting into a battle stance.

The smirk that appeared on his face when you said that, made your confidence disappear quicker than ever.

"I was hoping you'd say that" Elin laughed darkly, raising his sword into the sky.

Before you could do anything your arms were forced behind your back and another hand grabbed you by the back of the head.

You heard a cry as two other angels grabbed Sans and Papyrus by their arms, forcefully bringing them away from you and towards Elin.

"No! Let them go!" Your screams went by unnoticed as you struggled against the hold of the two other angels that were holding you back, tears sprouted from your eyes as you watched more and more of your old acquaintances surround you.

"Oh Golden Wing. You were my proudest creation. And look how far you've fallen now." The voice made you panic even more, trashing around in a desperate attempt to get out.

His menacing figure showed up from behind the trees, three pairs of arms behind his back as he slowly strode towards you, chin high and eyes blazing with calculated fury.

Looking around, he scoffed, face scrunching up in disgust.

"This is what you fight for? Truly disappointing." He huffed, walking over to your kids, causing more panic to settle in your stomach.