Chapter 31~ Islan

Start from the beginning

Curling up slightly on herself, she wrapped her arms around her to feel any sort of comfort and took the biggest and most expensive looking path that lead to HIS castle.

As she walked, she glanced at her sides, watching angels fly, walk by or work.

One of them, a strong and muscular looking angel looked up from the blade he was forging, his eyes looking directly at Islan.

A blacksmith no doubt, creating the very weapons that were used to banish the monsters.

Or so she heard, as she had became an angel after the, now infamous, Golden Wing was banished. A terrible name she had anyways, sounding so stupid no enemy could say it without laughing or cracking a smile.

Certainly the author thinks so.

Islan quickly turned away, her green eyes instead falling upon a different building instead.

One that, despite not being as tall as the castle, still brought fear into her very soul.

The arena.

That's where all the new angels train and where their position is chosen. It happens in a fight of course, the poor newbie having to fight with a general to prove their worth.

Islan failed miserably on that.

Quickly passing by, she shook her head as a flash of a quite painful memory appeared in her brain. Even if it happened a month ago, she still can feel the painful cuts all over her body and an angel standing over her with his sword ready to pierce through her neck.

Even if angels don't bleed normal blood, it's golden sparkles instead, the wounds are still painful.

God didn't want the angels to be too powerful after all.

Quicker than she had wanted, she was already in front of the giant castle that was smacked right in the middle of the whole kingdom, the tall towers reaching heights no humans could ever imagine of building. The material it was build of, shining bright like the sun itself, but somehow not hurting the eyes when you look at it.

She was about to walk in, when she heard a loud sound, one that she could recognize as someone hitting someone or something and seconds later an angel walked our, holding their cheek and with their head down.

Not brave enough to say anything, Islan simply knocked on the door and then walked in when she got the permission to do so.

Her eyes fell upon the figure sitting on the throne, this time it being a man with a head of a bird, one she could recognize as who humans were calling Ra.

God himself.

Islan wondered why he chose this form today, but wasn't brave enough to say such a thing. She didn't have a death wish.

He looked down at her with bored eyes, motioning with his hand for her to speak.

Taking a deep breath, Islan quickly stated what the crow had seen before it got destroyed by the skeleton going by the name of Gaster.

She saw his eye twitch and took a fearful step back, watching as his hands gripped the throne tightly.

"She's WHAT?!" His voice boomed, the size of the castle making it even louder. So much so, that Islan had to hold back the urge to cover her ears.

She blinked and in front of her was no longer Ra, but a woman in an armour, though her eyes still held the same anger as Ra's.

Ma. Anatolian godess of war and victory.

She, or maybe still he, spoke up again, the voice still as deep as it was in the other form.

For those confused, let me quickly explain. This worlds God can take any form humans had thought of, as long as at least 30 people still believe in it being their God or Gods. Why does it work like that? Even the author has no idea but it sounded cool.

"Start preparing for a fight. Heaven is going to have another war soon."

Islan shivered in fear again, her green eyes wide as she blankly nodded and quickly ran out to tell other angels.

She slowed down when she was far enough and enough angels knew, watching as the whole heaven quickly became a lot more lively, starting to prepare for what's to come.

She felt a metaphorical pain in her soul and she summoned it, looking at the glowing yellow and green heart.

Justice and kindness, a combination God always laughed at, saying those two didn't work together at all. Justice was supposed to be blind after all, not taking sides and standing strong in it's beliefs, not take pity out of kindness.

And right now, the justice side felt like it was on fire, screaming at her what she was thinking.

Were they really the good ones in this fight?

"I was right beside you-"