Chapter 28~ Promise me

Start from the beginning

You added another question to your, now growing, mental list of things you should ask Gaster when you have the chance.

Speaking of which, you wondered if he finished whatever Asgore needed him for. It would be appropriate time to come back now, before he worries that you dissapeared somewhere.

If only you weren't so incredibly lost right now, you could have maybe done that.

Looking around, you decided to try and retrace your steps, only to give up after a few minutes when you wandered into a corridor that you didn't recognize at all.

Groaning to yourself, you decided to just walk around and read the stickers until you find one with 'W.D.Gaster' on it.

Nonetheless you failed that too, insteaf of finding your way back into Gaster's office, you found yourself in what seemed like a garden in the middle of the building.

It reminded you of what humans built in front of the palaces, but instead in the middle, with the building surrounding it from every angle. Well technically, as there was a glass ceiling covering it.

You heard quiet voices and looked around, finding Gaster and Asgore standing besides a plot full of yellow flowers. They seemed to be in the middle of a talk and as you got closer, the words got clearer.

"-to break the barrier. It would need to be the combined power of every soul trait a human can have, which would mean that we would have to capture seven human souls for it to work. That, or... Three angel ones" Gaster spoke, making a small pause by the end, as if debating whenever he should say the last sentence or not, ultimately deciding to do so.

"Seven human souls? Or three angel ones? Gaster, how are we supposed to get them? We can't just murder people that fall in here!" Asgore's voice was shaky and his eyes were wide, his hands trembling as he fixed the crown on his head.

"I can help you with that" You spoke up with surprising confidence considering you found out your soul turned gray and was the cause of you slowly dying.

Both men turned when they heard your voice, both being quite shocked to see you stroll up to them.

"Are you mad?! (Y/n) I am not going to use your soul for this!" Gaster said with a small crack in his voice at the word 'use'.

You softly took his hand in yours, giving him a small smile to calm him down.

"You saw my soul and wings Gaster. If anything else fails, promise me you'll try to use it to break the barrier. You don't deserve to be locked in here. It's partially my fault and I want to fix it." You saw the conflict in his eyes as he looked into your (e/c) ones, his hand that was in yours shaking slightly.

"We do not blame you for what happened. It was war and from what I know, angels were summoned by humans to help and weren't supposed to choose a side. You did what any soldier called to fight would do, fight in the army that was theirs and listen to their leader." Asgore tried to convince you, speaking up quietly, as if he was scared he'd break the moment Gaster and you were having.

Your lover nodded at the kings words, looking at you with pleading eyes, the hand that wasn't held by both of yours moving up to rest on top of them.

You shook your head softly at his words.

"I know you don't. And that's just another reason I want to do it. Please love. I want to be able to at least help in that way." You reasoned with them, summoning your wings to support your argument. You stretched out one of them, showing the clear gaps that started to appear between the feathers. You had mostly a few months left to live.

"But that would mean you would get trapped. You wouldn't be able to go to the paradise your God created for the dead." Gaster's hand that was on top of yours gripped them and although it was a strong grip, it was soft enough not to hurt you.

"With what I did? I doubt HE'd let me in anyway. Besides, I'd rather be trapped than to live in glory for the murder of innocents." You spoke about HIM with venom this time, all the respect you had for him long gone now that you saw who you had been serving.

"I-" Gaster paused, not knowing what to say. His eyes bore into yours, searching for any doubts or fear about what you were proposing. He found none.

"I promise. But don't think I'll ever let that happen."

The small smile you had turned into a bigger one as you gave Gaster a quick kiss on his nose, or at least where it's supposed to be.

"Thank you"

"I won't let you fall tonight-"

Words:1460

It's not the best chapter I wrote, but I'm satisfied enough with it. Kinda fell out of writing in 2nd POV so I apologize if it's a little rusty.

The next chapter will be fully fluff, as I promised a certain person on my discord server that I would do it.

Now, if any of you are still reading this, I want to ask you all a question!

Would any of you read a semi- original book featuring me people from a Discord server I am on?

It would be an apocalypse AU and would include a lot of MC youtubers like Technoblade, Calvin, Dream and so on. I don't want to spoil anything, so I won't go into much detail about it.

If not then you're free to just ignore this, but I would really like to know if you, my dear readers, would like to see something other than just x readers on my account, as I have a lot of drafts that include ships that I didn't post simply because I don't know how they will be taken on an account that was strictly x readers before.

Thank You for sticking with me this far and thank you all in advance for all the answers, no matter if they are positive or not.

Sorry(again, I really do say this word a lot in here) for disappearing and hope you all have a fantastic day/night!

Stay safe!