Was that her son?

It couldn't be.

She wasn't married.

She takes a seat across from me and sits the boy in the chair between us.

"I'm so sorry, I had to bring him. My sister is sick."

Ohhhhh it all makes sense that's her nephew.

I smile at her.

"It's no big deal."

She lets out a deep breath.

"I ordered us some wine. I hope that's ok."

A smile spreads across her face as she clasps her hands together and I pour her a glass.

"So you excited for tomorrow? The big reveal?" She asks with a beautiful smile on her face.

I shrug.

"Yeah I guess, I mean I'm proud of it but it's not something I would normally make."

"I know, but when you're on a time crunch you have to do what you can"

"What about you? Are you excited?" I ask her

"Yeah I am. You haven't had me go to any of the galas in the past so this is exciting for me."

"Have you bought your dress yet?"

She shakes her head.

"No, I was waiting until tomorrow morning. It's the only time I have off"

I cross my arms and watch her. She had no clue how stunning she was. How alluring she was.

"Wear something dark"

"Dark?" She asks

"Yeah, it'll bring out your eyes"

A blush stains her cheeks as she hides her face.

She opens her mouth to speak again when the waiter comes back and cuts her off.

"Can I get your order?"

After placing our orders we continue to talk about the gala and what's going to happen. The rules and the do's and don't 's.

"First thing I need you for is to make sure I don't spend to much money. With the investors threatening to pull out, spending a lot of money isn't smart."

She nods her head as she writes her notes on a napkin.

Normally she would come prepared but I didn't plan on this being a business meeting.

"Second, I need you to speak about the company to other investors and potential employees."

"But wont talking to other investors make the ones you have now pull out anyway?"

I shake my head as I take a sip of my wine.

"The investors we have now will see that I don't need them, I can very easily replace them. So they'll either put more money in, or extend deadlines and meets."

Hazel continues to scribble on her napkin, and I can't help but watch.

She was so gentle and graceful. I watched how her nose scrunched when she concentrated, and how she kept pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose.

And I the thing that brought the smile to my face the most was the way she tucked her hair behind her ear. She was always so irritated with those loose strands.

"Anything else I need to know Mr. Knight?" She asks snapping my attention back to her.

"I told you to call me Nick. We're friends now."

A look of surprise crosses her face.

I didn't even mean to say that it slipped out.

Although being friends with benefits wouldn't be so bad. She has a nice body and the way she holds herself makes lust overcome me. It blinds me at times.

But I keep reminding myself that she has to be off limits.

I can't risk my career and my reputation for some girl.

She's not worth it.

As much as I'd love to hold her in my arms for one night. She's not worth it.

My job is to important. And to many people rely on my reputation. It's what makes to company run. I won't ruin that for a one good night.

I look away from Hazel and study the little boy. He was coloring a dog with a blue crayon.

"You do know that dogs aren't blue right?" I speak up

The little boy looks at me and then back to his coloring book. He then picks up a red crayon and starts to color the dots on the dog red.

What was with this kid?

"Kid listen. You need to make your drawing realistic. Dogs are not red and blue"

"Nick!" Hazel snaps at me.

"What?"

"He's just a kid, let him use his imagination."

I roll my eyes.

"C-Cl-Clifford is r-r-red. And b-b-blues clues-s is bl-b-blue" the little boy says, with great difficulty.

He looks down at his drawing and clenches his fist. His face started getting bright red.

"Ollie, honey calm down" Hazel tells him soothingly

Ollie looks at Hazel and then screams at the top of his lungs.

"I want to go home!"

"I know honey, just a few more minutes okay?" Hazel says

"No now mommy. Now! I want to go home!" He screams.

Hazel looks in my direction with a sympathetic look.

"I'm sorry Nick, but I need to take him home"

I slowly nod my head, still reeling from all the information I had just received.

Mommy?

She was his mother?

Now she was really off limits.

And for some reason, I felt my heart break a little.