Chapter 11

A/N: Hey guys! I am SO sorry for the late update, once again. I don't have an excuse. I simply don't want to put out a chapter just for the sake of it when I'm not happy with it. I know I don't have a lot of followers yet, but I still want to publish the best writing I can.

I hope this one was worth the wait! 

............

It didn't take much to convince me to join him for breakfast. After how he man-handled me, I was too scared to push him any further. At least, for now. He knew it too, damn him. He knew he had gotten to me. He took my hand again, gently this time. "Now, shall we go have something to eat." 

My body was tense, the urge to pull my hand out of his was strong but I ignored it. "Sure..." 

I was obviously taken down to the library, but so far I knew little of the in's and out's of the castle. He guided me down the corridor and into a large dinning room. The table itself could seat about twenty people, but it seemed to be that only him and I would be eating this morning.

He took out a chair for me, motioning for me to sit. And I did, without complaint. 

"You know," He said as he sat himself down across from me, "I think I like you in dark colors." 

I looked down at the dress I had picked. I chose it out of spite, not really paying attention to the details other than color. It was not nearly as intricate as the light blue dress the maid had pushed on me, but maybe I should have listened to her when she told me it was inappropriate. The chest was cut low, almost low enough that I was uncomfortable. And the fabric. Unlike the blue dress that was almost ballgown-like, this was thin, with maybe one or two layers at the most. It clung to me. 

I glanced back at him. Maybe he liked me in dark colors because that was all he seemed to wear. He was in all black again, from his black blouse to pants and black leather shoes. The only white in his whole outfit was the white treading in his shirt that created beautiful patterns. Next to each other we looked like a dark, ominous couple, and I was sure that pleased him.

He caught my eyes after a moment of silence and my face burned. He cocked an eyebrow, expecting a response from me, but now feeling caught in the act, I couldn't even remember what he had said. I messed with my hands again, picking at the dry skin around my finger nails. 

He sighed. "You can't seem to keep my gaze. Don't tell me I have already frightened away your spark?" 

I scoffed. "I already told you that you scared me. You must not listen very well." There was a click as the door to the room opened. A man who I could only assume was a butler, had entered the room to place food in front of us. 

Adrian shook his head in amusement. "I do not wish to bicker with you. If you chose to behave we can have nice, enjoyable conversations. I can show you around the castle and you will be free to do most anything you want."

He let the offer hang there. "And if I don't." 

"If you don't, well it will be more of this morning and last night. I'll have to tame you." Normally I would have snorted or gave a sarcastic comment. But how he phrased it, it sounded as if he knew he would win me over. And it only made me want to get away from him even more.

"And how will you tame me?" My words poked at him. He knew I wasn't going to simply fall into his arms, but I wanted to make it clear at every opportunity.

"I will punish you."

"I don't think you would harm me." 

"Not physically, no. But I can do other things. Lock you in your room, take your speech from you for a period of time. Even send you away for a bit if I need to."