Chapter 19

A/N: Guys!! I'm back!!

I am so excited to continue my story, and I really think you guys are going to like the next few chapters 😉

I'm not sure what day of the week I will upload each week, but I will be back to weekly updates!

Thank you so much for your patience, you guys are awesome and your encouragement is the reason that this story has gotten this far.

Enjoy!!!

............

...Before I could even think if it was a bad idea or not, my hand touched his.

Words couldn't describe what I felt when our skin touched. Maybe like electricity to the heart mixed with time stopping all at once. The tug in my chest pulled at me hard, but in a way I couldn't understand. As though I was pulled to a wall and made to stop at full force.

I was stunned. And looking at his expression, he could feel it too. His eyes were wide and his face flushed. I yanked my arm away fast, as quickly as I could and took a few steps back so he couldn't touch me again. My eyes were filled with tears.

"Sophia?" I shook my head. Stop, just stop. "Sophia, it's okay. Just let me out. We can figure it out. We'll escape-"

"WHO ARE YOU?" My outburst shocked us both. My hands covered my mouth. He looked crestfallen.

"I can't tell you. All I can say is that I have a spell placed on me, but as far as who we are to each other, I can't say a word about it."

I covered my face with my hands. "What the hell am I doing? How is this going to solve anything? I'm talking to a prisoner." And I don't know why he is down here.

"Is that-is that a ring?"

I looked up at him from my hands. If there was ever the perfect expression for heartbreak, he was it. His eyes were fixated on my hand. I felt self conscious suddenly and put my hand in my pocket to shield it from him.

"It is, yeah." I bit my lip, an odd feeling of guilt flooding me. "I can't take it off, only Adrian can. It's his..."

He seemed just as distraught as I was just moments before. "His ring, huh? What a vile man he is. Forcing you into marriage-"

"We aren't married." I said, frustrated. He was acting as if he knew everything. Though, I suppose he did. More than me, anyway.

His eyes widened at that. "You aren't married yet?"

"No, not yet."

There was an awkward long pause. "...Do you-do you love him?"

My face burned and my eyebrows shot up. "Where did that come from? Who even are you?" I huffed and turned around. He must have been worried I would try to leave again because I heard him sigh, as if thinking of what to say.

"Don't you want to know why that happened, when our hands touched?" I looked over my shoulder at him. He was holding onto the bars, looking at me expectantly. "I can't tell you everything right now, but don't lose hope. If you can just trust me, you will get the answers you want."

My eyebrows came together in a scowl. "Something may have happened when we touched, but that doesn't mean anything. I have no memory of you, at all. How am I supposed to trust you, or Ellen for that matter? In fact, I don't see why I should even think about trusting the two of you! You are literally behind bars! I did what Ellen asked, I found you. I'm done" I huffed, turning to go up the stairs.

"Sophia, wait!"

I reluctantly turned back to look at him. Something green caught my eye. "What is that?" I pointed at his wrist. "Where did you get that?"