Chapter 14

A/N: Hey guys!

I am so sorry for not updating. I knew I would be busy, but I didn't realize it would be as time consuming/stressful as it has been. I appreciate you guys and I haven't abandoned my story, not even close :)

On that note, OMG!!! I can't believe I hit 1K!! Thank you so much for taking the time to read my story. You guys are awesome!

I hope this chapter was worth the wait!

............

Sophia's POV:

My feet were aching. I couldn't sit still, not after the bomb Adrian left in my lap. I was pacing the length of the window in the queen's den, but even the view of the garden couldn't take away my anxiety this time.

To think he would actually change my being, just so I couldn't escape him through death. That went beyond anything had done to me. It made him the true villain I feared him to be.

I couldn't put it off any longer. I had to leave the castle, and I had to do it soon.

............

The next evening was complete torture. I had been avoiding the seamstress for a reason. But I was running out of excuses, as well as time.

So there she was, knelled below me as she fit me in the gown. I stared at myself in the mirror, trying to ignore her. Not surprisingly, I had no say in the design of the dress. But I couldn't deny it was beautiful. The fabric clung to my chest and arms, but sprung out from my waist like a beautiful ballgown. The chest and arms of the gown were covered with small flowers made out of pearls and silk. I looked elegant, like the queen he desperately wanted me to be.

Jeeze, he must have had this made out months ago. All that really needed to be done was a fitting. In fact, I bet she could finish it today and I would be ready to walk down the aisle. Just like everything with Adrian, it looked as if he was more concerned with sending a message than getting the actual dress done.

For what felt like the twelfth time, the dressmaker pricked me with a pin. "Ouch!" I squirmed under the silky cloth. "Could you try to not poke me with that thing?"

The dressmaker looked up at her, her white hair falling over her eyes. "Maybe, if you stop moving, Your Highness." She looked back down to her task, her face holding a bit of satisfaction. I sighed. It seemed as though every place I looked there was someone who...disliked me. Detested me.

Why me? Why hate me? I didn't ask for this, I didn't ask for my memory to be swiped clean, and I certainly didn't ask for Adrian to want me.

I tugged the hem of the dress out of the woman's hands, suddenly annoyed. "I think we will be done for the day, thank you." I stepped down from the stool, the train of the dress trailing behind me as I walked away.

"But, Milady, I have to finish it tonight if you want to wear it for your wedding!" The old dressmaker called. "Please! The king will have my head!"

"I don't care! I'm changing out of it. If you want to save your skin, finish it on your own without me."

"Milady!" She chased after me as I left the den. Milly just so happened to be walking down the hallway towards us. "Milly, thank the gods! Can you please help me."

"What's going on?"

"Nothing, I'm going back to my room-"

"I've offended Her Highness, and now she won't let me finish the dress." She's got that right. She looked at Milly with pleading eyes. "Please. The king will...punish me."