TROUBLE

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌  

T R O U B L E

''I'm just going to say it

''I'm just going to say it. No beating around the bush. Peter and I have a kissing scene at the end of the play and before you get mad I-''

''What?''  

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌    

''What are you thinking so hard about?'' Lara Jean asked as she taped Rita's forehead with a wooden spoon to get her attention. 

Rita had cheerfully agreed to help her friend bake seven dozens of cupcakes for Kitty's school bake sale, but they were now just two dozens in and the fun was fading. At least to Rita, Lara Jean still had the same twinkle in her eyes from the start. She loved to bake while Rita was more of a eater rather than a baker. 

''How to tell Alec about the kiss between me and Peter.'' 

Lara Jean gasped in pure horror startling Rita who dropped too much flour into the bowl. 

''YOU KISSED PETER? ARE YOU INSA - oh. The play.'' She nodded. Rita laughed. ''You didn't tell Alec yet?'' Lara Jean threw the curly haired girl a disapproving expression. ''What are you waiting for?'' Rita twisted her nose. ''Oh my God, you're thinking about just not telling him aren't you?''  

''I just don't want to make it a big deal, I mean it's part of the job and if it wasn't Peter it would be another-'' Rita said. She didn't look up. She didn't want to see the way Lara Jean was glancing at her. Like she was indeed insane. Plus she needed to focus all her attention on the recipe and not add too much or too little of the ingredients. 

''But it's Peter, and Alec is on thin ice with him.'' Lara Jean said resting both hands in the island counter they were working on. ''What do you think he'll do when he - surprise, surprise - sees it happen from the front row?'' 

''Applaud?'' 

''Don't get me wrong here, I love that you're so carefree but you need to start realizing some people aren't. This might not be a huge deal to you but I'm positive Alec doesn't think that way.'' LJ said with a warning tone. She was now back to dropping red batter into the cupcake forms.

'' I don't think even Peter knows.'' Rita threw with a snort. 

''Considering he's the other half of the kiss that's weird.'' Lara Jean furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head in confusion. Her ponytail dangling from side to side.   

''LJ? Do you think Peter - The Peter Kavinsky we know and the one who is still on the first page of Hamlet since September has read the script to the final?'' The two girls laughed together.