CONFRONTATION

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌   

C O N F R O N T A T I O N  

''So it's normal of you to suddenly push people away?'' 

''Peter what the shit? We've known each other for four days, I'm not pushing you away. You're not even in my life.''

◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌ ◌

''You think I didn't see you two practically cuddling in the morning?'' Rita goaded her friend who slapped her arm in consequence, as she remembered the way her cousin and Lara Jean were so close laying on her bedroom floor when she had woken up around 4 am to satisfy her thirst. They had all fallen asleep under the wonky fort, causing Isaac to stand up with the worst mood, crying for his back.

''Rita!'' Peter said excitedly from the back of the classroom as she stepped in, she almost turned around to leave the class while she still had time, but Lara Jean grabbed tightly her forearm, keeping her on the path.

His hair was so messy, messy in a way that made her want to mess up even more.

She had told him not to trim it when he asked her once but he definitely should cut it now so Rita would keep true to her chosen mindset and not give it up for a bunch of wild curls.

She gave for herself smiling. Now definitely sitting beside him was  definitely a big no.

''Hey, can you switch seats?'' She quickly asked to the side. ''I can't see the board from the back.. You'know eye problems.'' Anne, the dark skinned girl who always sat at the front furrowed her perfect eyebrows at Rita, probably caught of guard by the proposal.

Lara Jean protested Rita's sudden idea with one only glance, but kept walking to the back when realization hit that she couldn't do anything, she wasn't a fan of the whole ignoring the boy's existence thing.

Rita looked to the back of the classroom, the tension between the two sure was high. Peter had his nose twisted at the curly haired girl, silently asking her what was going on, but Rita didn't even flinch. She turned around at Anne's voice.

''Sure.'' She smiled and started to gather her already open books.

''Thank you so much! You're gonna save my grades.'' Rita threw her bag into her new table that was so much cleaner of dumb writings than her previous one, and sat down, breathing in relief.

The class was loud, still without the teacher's presence, so she couldn't hear Peter's voice, or maybe he wasn't talking at all what was weird as he, on their few shared classes until then, was always trying to get people to laugh, jumping from a table to another talking to everyone. He was a mix of a social butterfly and the class clown really, but a clown that still was intelligent and bright, a clown that knew the limits.