Chapter 5: Pictures

A month had passed and Mitchie and I were still technically dating even though we hadn't been able to go on a proper date yet. No one knew, not even Ms. Munroe, but no one needed to know. It was our business and no one else's.

It was a Wednesday, meaning we didn't have work and it was the first day of Mitchie being ungrounded which meant we were finally going on our first proper date.

I'd told her I'd pick her up at half past seven and would take her out for the dinner, movie, ice cream and kissing I'd promised originally. At twenty past seven I was outside her house waiting for her to come out. I'd chosen to wear ripped dark skinny jeans, black knee-high boots and a red checked shirt with a black belt around the middle to show off the shape of my body.

The door opened revealing Mitchie talking to a light haired woman at the back of the room, I couldn't make out what she looked like but I presumed she was her mom. She closed the door behind her and grinned massively at me when I caught her eye. She was wearing a black and white summer dress, despite it being early October, with a red blazer over the top and a long gold necklace with a crucifix hanging over the top.

I couldn't help but grin at how radiant she looked, yet again. I'd never seen her looking bad, she got more and more beautiful everyday with no exaggeration. She was getting happier too, she'd made a fair few friends at school finally and she was more relaxed about things since her mom was over her smoking addiction. I couldn't be in a bad mood around her, no matter what, she just had a way of making me grin every single time she entered a room or whenever her name popped up on my phone.

"Hey beautiful," I greeted her and kissed her cheek softly. "You look amazing." I told her honestly, causing her to blush and move to peck my lips.

"You're looking stunning as ever." She replied as she pulled her dress down slightly. I'd never once seen the girl in pants; it was always either a skirt or a dress.

We drove the short distance to a small, secluded Italian restaurant in a comfortable conversation and smoked together along the way. The restaurant was one of my favourites growing up, it was dimly lit by candles dotted around the small room and there was Italian music playing lowly in the background. There were around four other couples in there talking privately amongst themselves eating their meals and generally enjoying themselves.

"Reservation under Russo," I told the blonde woman who was standing behind a podium waiting to seat customers. She nodded and we followed her to a table set for two with a white lace cloth on it, situated near the window, opposite the kitchen. The waitress handed us a menu each and smiled politely, pulling out a notepad.

"My name's Sarah, I'll be your waitress for this evening. What drinks can I get you?" She asked sweetly with an innocent smile. Mitchie ordered a glass of wine whilst I ordered half a pint of beer as I was driving, after that I'd drink non-alcoholic drinks. "I'm sorry ladies, I have to do this as it's my job; do you happen to have any ID?" She asked us, expecting us not to have any. I looked to Mitchie, panicking, who nodded and pulled her fake ID from her bra. The waitress checked it and nodded before turning to me.

"I don't have any, don't worry about it, I'm driving anyway so I probably shouldn't. I'll have a glass of lemonade instead." I ordered, shrugging at Mitchie who giggled.

"Okay then, I'll be right back with your order, my apologies for the inconvenience." She quickly pranced away with a spring in her step. As soon as she was gone Mitchie burst into a fit of laughter and I blushed furiously.

"Are you seriously stupid enough to forget your ID?" She asked me jokingly. I shrugged and looked down at the menu, embarrassed that I'd stupidly left my ID lying on my desk. Mitchie copied and her eyes widened in shock at the price list. "Holy shit, Lexi! How ridiculous are these prices?" She exclaimed rather loudly, causing a couple a few tables over to look over at us briefly. I put my menu down and reached across the table to take her hand.