She cleared her throat before we all stood up. "All right. We're doing this."

"I hope she doesn't overreact and do something crazy," Doc hoped.

I gave him a look. "Crazier than growling at us?" I pointed towards her direction. She was still growling at us. Doc responded with a shrug of his shoulders.

Addy looked towards Cassandra before looking at us. "Now," she whispered.

Addy went left. Doc went right. 10k went right with Doc while I went with Addy. Addy and I split up after we heard Cassandra growling. I bolted through the woods and kept running. I jumped over a small hole before ducking under a branch. I turned and moved past a few trees before I heard Addy scream. I stopped and looked back when she screamed again. My eyes widen before I followed the scream.

Cassandra had Addy pinned to the ground with her arm behind her back. Addy screamed again when her arm got tugged. 10k, Doc, and I stopped in the middle of the clearing as Cassandra glared down at her.

"Cassandra, stop it!" Doc yelled. She released her hold on Addy, who got up and stumbled over to us. "What the hell are you doing?!"

"Nobody leaves," Cassandra responded in her zombotic voice.

"I told you. It's not her," 10k said.

》》》》

Well, that plan was a complete bust. My eyes didn't tear away from Cassandra and hers didn't leave mine. Addy was groaning as she held her arm. The good news is that she said the feeling was starting to come back.

"What are we doing about it?" 10k asked. "We can't just stay here. Who knows what Murphy's up to."

"Could we try talking to her?" Doc asked.

"I don't think she's in a talking mood," Addy said.

I nodded. "You're right. And I think I have another idea."

"Cause that worked out so well the last time."

I gave Addy a look. "This time it might just work." I thought about every possible outcome for what I'm about to do. It might be a stupid idea but they need to find Murphy. I took out my pistols and rifle before handing them to 10k. "Give these to Vasquez for me, ok?"

"Why? What are you going to do?" he asked.

I got up. "Something really stupid. Just get ready to run and don't come for me."

"Ry -"

I took a deep breath before I walked towards Cassandra. She sneered at me as I got closer. When I was at a safe distance I knelt down in front of her. Is this crazy? Maybe. Did I just sign my death warrant? Absolutely. I just need to distract her long enough for them to get a head start.

Cassandra glared at me as she growled. I tilted my head to the side as I looked at her, a small smirk plastered on your face.

"I really get under that dead skin of yours, don't I?" I asked. "Don't really know why? You always seem to glare at me every chance you get." She growled again. I chuckled. "You know, you really hurt Addy. You've hurt someone you called a friend because some guy told you to. Addy did nothing wrong. We just wanted to find Murphy so we can help him. We have to go after him."

"Nobody leaves," Cassandra sneered.

I sighed. Ok, here it goes. I placed my fingers in my mouth before I whistled. I heard Doc, Addy, and 10k get up and run as Cassandra stood up. She tried to jump but I wrapped my arms around her and tackled her to the floor. Cassandra stood up and elbowed me before spinning around and pushing me back. I fell on my back as she started screeching.