Eighteen

Bam! Another Z shot. We arrived at Wisconsin a few minutes ago, and immediately got bombarded with zombies. It was hard to shoot and run because Addy and I had to pull Serena with us. Murphy wasn't doing a damn thing, just strolling along the streets with Cassandra while holding an umbrella over them like it's just another fine day.

"Wisconsin cheese day parade," 10k read. I looked over to see the huge banner. Oh, it was a parade when the virus spread. No wonder why it smells like rotting cheese.

Addy laughed. "You betcha!"

I almost gagged at the smell. "Guys, I think I'm going to be sick."

There were more Zs running behind us. I pulled away from Serena and Addy to shoot a few of them. Each bullet landing in their head or chest.

"Hey. I thought you control these things," Vasquez said to Murphy as I caught up with them.

"Not that many," Murphy responded. "And not for you." I made sure I kicked Murphy in his shin before running up to Serena and Addy. "Ow!"

"Not sorry!" I shouted behind me. I heard a little horn and looked back. There was an actually Z dressed up like a clown with a small horn in his hand. Weird.

We kept running. The stench was getting stronger as we passed this huge wheel of cheese. Ok, I just threw up a little bit. That's gross.

"Whoa, wait a minute. Is that cheese?" Doc asked.

"Yes, now let's go before I throw up on that thing!" I yelled. I started coughing before covering my mouth.

10k turned around to look at it. "No way! The world's biggest wheel of cheese?" He said sarcastically.

"It's not real, Doc!" Warren said. "Come on! We got to go! Puppies and kittens!"

"No, it is real," Doc said as he held up a piece of cheese.

I still had my hand covering my nose. "Doc, in case you forgot, we've got a pregnant lady here!" Serena probably hates the smell. I must be right with how much she's coughing. Addy and I patted her back as she tried not to throw up.

Vasquez ran over. "Hey. Hey, come on. Let's go. We got to move."

"Hey, let's go," Warren said.

Addy looked at her. "She's not moving." Serena's coughing continues.

"Well..it's not really moving. It's more like wobbling," I added as I rubbed her back.

The Zs were getting closer to us. Either we have to run or become chow. And I really like having my skin attached. And, you know, being alive.

Warren's gears started turning. I like that look. It's her thinking face.

"Got an idea," she said. Yay. Warren started making her way towards Doc and the cheese. "Out of my way, Doc. I need that cheese."

"Oh, come on, Warren. Can't a man eat a giant cheese wheel in peace?" Doc whined.

"Ok, I think I'm going to be sick," I mumbled as I hunched over. I felt someone place their hand on my back and started rubbing it in circular motion. I thought it was Vasquez for a moment, but when I look up it was 10k.

"Just don't puke all over my shoes," he joked.

"No promises."

"Remember Philly?" Warren asked Doc.

He shook his head. "Oh no." What happened in Philly? "Are you thinking what I think you're thinking?" And what is he thinking that he thinks she's thinking?