chapter four: take him to the ER (part 2)

Jimin says "Hell no."

It comes out of him in all of its Busan glory and grit, and it gets everyone's attention. Even Jungkook looks up, with bleary feverish eyes peeking up from where Jimin's shoulder shields him after having twisted around to face the others. That usually sweet honey voice gets low and loose whenever his native accent slips out to shine. It's clear in the raising of his tone, the incredulity on his face, that he isn't at all happy with Sejin's news: that they'd continue their filming today without Jungkook. That they aren't going to the hospital with him. "We can't do that."

"Jimin-ah," Namjoon starts, his voice a gentle warning. It's unlike Jimin to blurt his objections in the middle of a discussion like this, in the presence of their manager at that. But Sejin decides not to acknowledge the interruption, regarding Jimin with an apologetic look.

"It'll only be for today. I'll take Jungkook and he'll have the day to rest. We'll figure out how to go about everything when tomorrow comes."

"Hyung-nim, he vomited blood this morning. Blood . What if he isn't better by tomorrow? Are we going to film without him then too? We can't."

Sejin doesn't have immediate words after that. He looks down, shades hiding the hangover he's trying not to reveal, hands on his hips as he considers. Jimin's right. They were family. They were a unit. It wouldn't be the same without Jungkook with them.

Jungkook's too-warm body shivers in Jimin's arms, unable to stop the new set of chills wracking his body despite the multiple layers of blankets the boys have wrapped him in. They'd checked his temperature only a few minutes ago. It stubbornly remains in the realm of 102.

Jin had managed to clean Jungkook's body with a warm rag (too achy and miserable to tolerate a bath right now) before Sejin finally arrived, helping change him into a fresh pair of skinny joggers and a black tee that he was too woozy to put on himself. Hoseok fits a black mask under Jungkook's chin and Taehyung places a cap on his head.

The boy hasn't the strength to do much but stay curled around his middle. He feels worse. His body feels sorer than it previously had. The aches are deeper. His skin is sensitive from the fever. He doesn't like how his skin prickles with goosebumps every time his clothes chafe. His stomach feels like it isn't satisfied with all the heaving he'd been doing all last night and all this morning. Nausea still stays camped in the back of his throat, but now there's an incessant throb behind his eyes as well. It pulses each time he moves his head.

"And we're going with you," Jimin adds firmly. "I called an uber for us a few minutes before you got here. You were taking too long."

Well then cancel it. I'm here now , is what Sejin wants to defend, but the guilt kicks in and he's at a loss for words. Jungkook had been sick all night and his one job to answer a phone and get his butt to the beach house was lost in a drunken stupor then and a hungover haze now. He wants to hide under a rock.

But how could they take an Uber to the hospital? 7 celebrities and their manager, riding through Hawaii's streets publicly without informing anyone, without hired protection. Their staff is still asleep, having agreed to stay in later than usual to give the effects from last night's partying time to wear off. He'd be gone without telling anyone. It would be a careless move on Sejin's part. But then again, this is an emergency.

"Hyungnim," Yoongi begins calmly, with a hand clasped on Sejin's broad shoulder. "it isn't the smartest idea, no, but let's risk it, hmm? It's better if you didn't drive right now anyway; you don't look well. Let us do this. We need to be with Kookie."