Welcome To Vegas

Mulai dari awal

"What can I get for you?"

Digging into my pocket, I retrieved a bunch of wadded up bills and slapped them down on the counter. "What will five hundred get me for two day's?"

" let me see". He said as his hands went to work typing.

After a moment he said. "All I can offer.."

" Fine, I'll take it ". I said cutting him off.

After signing paper's, he handed me the key and instructions on where to pick my car up. Lifting my bags once again I took off to where my car would be waiting. As I walked through the doors, there it sat. Sliding my shades down the bridge of my nose I said to no one in particular. "The fuck is this shit?"

Stepping from the curb, I slowly circled around the soup can of a car. I guess I can't argue given that I only gave five hundred for it. Opening the door, I tossed my bags in then followed suit. Before I buckled, I peeled the jacket off due to the Nevada heat then hit the road. Reaching into my coat pocket that now laid beside me, I grabbed my beef stick and tore the packet open using my teeth. As I bit into it I savored the hot smokeness it offered. The remainder of my drive I reviewed my plans over in my head. My first stop would be The Marritia. Naturally this was owned by Aiden's family, hence the name. It was a grand casino as well as resort and I would also be staying the night there.

I was also aware that Aiden worked from this place and would be the easiest opportunity for me to spy on him. Once there, I reserved my room and got right to work. First I toured the gaming room's with eyes peeled and ears open. Of course I pretended to play a few slots, didn't want to grab the surveillance teams attention. The first chance I got, I snagged a white chef coat and slipped off into one of the kitchens. The kitchen was bustling with employees making gourmet dishes that no one seemed to notice an extra pink hair cook. Picking up a bag of trash I made my way out the back door. First, I located the camera's and tossed the trash. Then I leaned up against the brick wall and lit a cigarette. For all they knew, I was just an employee on smoke break. Stealthily, I removed a magnet device from my pocket and stuck it to a metal pole that ran up the side of the building. This device was the best invention yet. Inside of this pole was the phone line's and this device would deliver every phone conversation directly to a headset that was back in my room. Not only that, it would give me access to e-mails coming and going.

Snubbing the cigarette out with my boot, I went back inside. First chance I got I skipped out and went back to my room. Giddy with excitement, I placed my headphones on and opened my laptop then laid back and relaxed. At first it was hard to weed out the important calls due to the casino having a high traffic business. I heard guest and employee chatter but once I heard Aiden's voice I knew I had the right frequency and killed all other chatter. "Last night was amazing". A woman's voice purred.

" Sure babe, it was". He replied.

"So we on for tonight Aiden?" .

"Damn, emergency at work. Gotta run".

The line went dead and I shook my head at noticing a blow off when I hear one. His voice reappeared but this time he was speaking to one of his men. "Make sure the girl I bagged last night doesn't get through these doors tonight. Also block her number".

" Yes Boss".

Then silence for several minutes until I heard. "Trenton, my man. It's been awhile hasn't? In fact I haven't seen you since I leaned you that cash. If memory serves correct I think your payment is overdue".

" I'm sorry Mr. Marietta. Work's not been good but I swear I'm gonna pay you back".

"Tell you what, I've got a cop that's been nosing around. You take him out and we'll call it even. What do you say? It's that if either have my money in twenty-four hour's are tell your family to plan your funeral" .

"No, no. I'm on it. Considered it done" .

The line went dead again until I heard a different man speak. "We still hanging out tonight at the club?"

" can't make it but why don't you join me here at my club". Aiden replied.

"It's on then". The man agreed.

I listened awhile longer but found nothing but meanless conversation. I skimmed through his e-mails but found nothing of importance. Smart move on his part for not having any criminal e-mails on his work comp but I bet his home in the desert is full of intel. Like his father, Aiden has a home near his parent's. Tomorrow I'm going to try and get past those wall's and see what's up. As for now, I'm going to nap so I'm sharp for the club tonight. I'm interested in seeing who he's meeting with.

Around nine that night I headed back down and had a late dinner before going to the club. This club was no different from the one's we owned back home. All the women looked the same dressed in revealing dresses looking like runway model's. This only reminded me of why I hated club's. I took in my all black attire and immediately felt small in comparison.

My thoughts evaporated as I spotted Aiden down on the floor below. I chose to sit on the upper deck for better viewing and discretion. The young guy he was with just seemed to be a drinking buddy and nothing more. No signs of illegal activity was going on as of yet anyways. Just two guy's having a good time. Soon his buddy parted with some girl and it wasn't long before two women were draped over Aiden's lap. Soon be and the two women disappeared together as I sneered in disgust.

Leaning against the rail I got a better look at the floor below. I was scanning for any tidbit of information that may give me any clues. Deep in concentration I nearly jumped when I felt a chin lay atop my shoulder and a voice ask. "So, what we looking at?"