"And yours?" He asked.

I reached out to shake his hand but he took it in his grasp and kissed the back of my hand. "Celene Wright" I replied, faintly.

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance" he said lowly, causing me to bite my lip.

He straightened. "Are you a lover of books?" He asked, turning back to the book in his other hand.

I swallowed. "Yeah, I adore books, as a child I'd stay up all night trying to decode ancient languages but I never could, those were my favourite books" I replied with a smile.

How was this man so attractive?

"Sounds wonderful," he replied, glancing at me.

I studied him. Did I know him?

He placed the book back on the table and turned around to walk away but something within me, made me grab his arm. Miles turned his head to look at me. "I'm sorry, I just feel like I know you," I said, explaining my action.

"I have one of those faces" he replied.

He was a man of many words but the weird feeling I had when I woke up only intensified the more I was in this man's presence. "Good day, Miss Wright" he said before turning away and disappearing into the crowd.

I sighed and started to walk back to my car, the bags in my hands slipping a little out of my grasp.

"Shit!" I exclaimed as the handle of the bag broke and the lettuce fell to the ground.

"Don't worry! I got it!" A cheery voice exclaimed.

Straightening up, a man jogged into my vision and swooped down to pick the lettuce up with ease. "Thank you" I breathed out, giving him a small smile.

He shook his head and walked towards me. "Can I help you out?" He asked grinning and exposing white teeth.

The man had black hair that was swept back like he'd run a hand through his hair a thousand times and sparkling green eyes twinkled with mischief. "Thank you so much" I said again as the man took a few bags.

"Lead the way" he said, smiling.

I led him to my car and unlocked the boot. "Thank you again" I said as he loaded my vegetables into the car.

"No worries, the name is Joshua" he replied taking the rest of the bags from my hands.

"I'm Celene," I said politely.

He had an adventurous aura around him, that seemed excited and ready to go. I closed the boot of my car. "Nice to meet you" he said, holding out his hand. 

I shook it. "So you live around here?" He added, glancing around.

"Yeah I have for about a year" I replied, smiling.

"You?"

"Just moved here, wanted to get to the outer skirts of the city and meet new people" Joshua replied.

"Well welcome to Melville" I replied smiling.

He chuckled. "The first to welcome me with a good attitude" he replied.

I nodded at his words. "Yeah the people here are rather closed off and protective, I still don't trust going outside at night" I replied, my eyes crinkling as I laughed.

His smile seemed to drop off slowly. "No one should be afraid of the dark," he said concerned.

I shook my head. "Oh I'm not afraid of the dark, just what's in it" I replied.

"Ah I see" he replied, looking down.

"Anyway, it was nice to meet you, it's a small town so I'm sure we'll meet again" I replied.

"Yeah you too, hopefully we will meet again" he replied stepping away from the car.

I opened my drivers door and climbed in after giving him a small wave. He seemed to disappear into the crowd as I started my car and began my drive home.

■■

Silver eyes watched the tall, tan man dodge through the people traffic as he said hello to everyone who said hello to him. Slowly, he followed the man, keeping a distance but an eye on her.

"Did you see her?" A voice asked, making the silver eyed man cock his head as his vampire hearing kicked in.

"Yeah, I didn't really smell anything wrong" the tan man replied as he stopped in front of a man reading a news paper.

"Tread carefully Josh, she's managed to catch the eyes of the Vampire King" the man replied.

Joshua, the tan man shifted. "I don't know why, she seems like every other human to me" he said, calmly.

"Celene is anything but ordinary, don't underestimate her," the reading man said.

The King's eyes flickered to Joshua. "So what's my mission?" He asked.

"If the Vampire King is interested in her than we are interested in her, bringing her in would be fantastic for us" the mysterious man replied.

"For us or for our species?" Joshua asked.

The man finally looked up from his newspaper. "For our species Joshua, being a wolf is hard enough, our own King needs leverage to take to the Vampire King to even broker peace, we're being slaughtered," the man replied.

Joshua looked away. "You're a wolf now, do your duties," the man said.

The Vampire King narrowed his eyes.

A/N

PLOT TWIST Y'ALL. A BATTLE OF THE SPECIES. Bet y'all didn't see that comin!

What did you think of this chapter!
Did I shock you!

Hehehe lots of love, tavana xoxox and as always, stay awesome bros!!