Chapter 2 : Getting Stabilized

Start from the beginning

"We'll leave you two to eat," Mitch stated, pulling the couple out of the room. He closed the door as we ate in silence not saying a word to each other. I glanced every now and then towards Shadow, who just kept on eating. I took one look in the wall and examined that the concrete that held the wall had been broken through with so much force that the wall would have to be replaced. I glanced at one of her hands to be shocked as her right hand is only bruised.

"So. Normally I wouldn't care, but are you okay?" I asked the girl in front of me.

"It's none of your business Nova," She huffed, turning her head away from me. I sighed as it's no use talking to her. She clearly doesn't trust me. After a few minutes of silent eating, she spoke which surprised me. "But thanks for asking," She mumbled under her breath.

"I heard that," I whispered, causing Shadow to raise an eyebrow and a thin embarrassed blush appeared on her pale face. "I'm not one of the top two serial killers in Los Angeles for nothing silly." The pale girl grumbled as I giggled childishly.

Shadow stood up and went out of the room, followed behind by me. I heard screams and laughter coming from what seems to be in the living room. Placing the dishes in the sink, we went over to see The Pack playing Truth or Dare.

"What are you idiots doing?" Shadow asks causing their heads to snap around.

"Truth or dare!" a short British boy laughed. Shadow glanced over to see Rob giving hickeys to Preston as he moaned to Rob, 'Daddy'.

"Get a condom you two, Jesus Christ," Shadow exclaimed.

"I mean, they don't really need one," the Australian grumbled.

"I wasn't talking to you," she shot back.

"You didn't have to be," the Aussie growled.

"You wanna go, Aussie?"

"Catch him outside, how 'bout that?" the Brit giggled nervously, covering the Australian's mouth with his hand.

"Are you two dating?" I asked.

"Yes, we are," The Brit replied, as the Australian pried his hand off his mouth. "I'm Vikk and this is Lachlan."

"My name is Jerome," said the boy who was being fiercely cuddled by Mitch.

"I'm gonna assume that you two are also dating?" Shadow guessed, causing Mitch and Jerome to nod affirmingly.

"Wanna play?" Preston asked as he finally shoved his boyfriend away.

"Sure!" I replied as Shadow shook her head and walked back to the room we had just come from.

"Cool, you can sit next to Lachlan," Rob stated. The blond haired boy grudgingly scooted over towards Vikk as I sat down.

"So, how do you play Truth or Dare?" I asked, making the boys around me stare at me with disbelief.

"You don't know how to play Truth or Dare?!" Rob asked with surprise.

"I didn't have much of a childhood and I wasn't allowed to have any friends," I sighed, looking down at my arms. Listening as the gang explained the game to me, I started to realize that I might have gotten myself into quite a mess. Then the door from the room where Shadow and I were in swung open, revealing the pale girl walking down the stairs. Raising an eyebrow in confusion, I watch Viper walking towards us.

"You losers need one more player?" she sighed, giving up a small smile.

Did Shadow Viper - THE Shadow Viper - just smile?!

"I don't see why not," Vikk replied sweetly. Preston scooted closer to Rob to make room for the other murderer, who gratefully sat down between Preston and Jerome.