Chapter Twenty: The Vision.

Start from the beginning

"N-no he's not," I replied, tears welling in my eyes, "he's never gone as long as his body still exists."

"My boy," Lucifer began, "you've done well. You've protected your brothers as you were instructed. Wrath is correct: I am gone. Now it's your turn. Be the ruler you wished I was. Give the love your brothers deserved."

Father just vanished, disintegrated. Gone. Leaving me with all the scars he couldn't see. All the scars he caused. Gone. Stupid. I hate him. I...I hate him so much.

"Lust?" A voice called out. When I turned around, I saw the child version of Wrath, probably a few hundred years old, "I'm scared."

I hugged his frail body, "it's fine, I'm here for you. Fathers gone."

He cried into my shoulder, "he's not gone."

"What do you mean?" I patted his head.

"You've become Father," he sobbed.

I jolted awake, screaming, but no sound came out rather, bubbles formed around me. I thrashed until I reached the surface, I screamed, emptying all the newly regained oxygen.

"Calm down Lust," Pride said, with sad eyes, "it was just a dream."

Wrath's POV:

I knew my deepest desire already, so the basis of my dream wasn't a shock to me at all. It was just the ending of it that shook me.

I faced the black throne. It was always this throne. This throne watched me whither in pain, yet sat there, doing nothing to aid me. However, today the throne wasn't as black as it was before and neither was the person sitting on it. The man, who cursed me with scars, approached me. I immediately became defensive. I had to protect myself, but what he did shocked me. His arms made its way around my shoulders, holding me close to him.

"I'm proud of you son," the velvety voice said, "and I'm so sorry for hurting you. I know you won't be able to forgive me but at least I've apologised."

I wanted to say something but I was cut off by a small voice, "hey Wrath."

I turned around to see Azazel standing, unharmed. Tears streamed down my face as I looked at my best friend, my partner, my brother. Azazel and I were bonded, by blood, through the amicitia bond. It was a bond that binded our souls to each other, making us inseparable. When Azazel died, a part of me died as well, but I was taught not to show emotion, and I didn't. It actually pained me as the bond deep in our blood was extracted.