Chapter 9

That night, when we all went to bed, exhausted after the concert, I couldn't sleep. It seemed so unreal at that concert. All the 'Niam moments' we must have made. I wish we could always do it. It didn't seem like Sophia was back yet, so maybe Liam was lonely. I could give him some company.

Quietly, so as not to wake Zayn, I crept out of my bed, across the room and to the door. I walked out in to the hallway, before crossing over to Liam's room. Though I was wearly pyjamas, I was quite cold. I turned the door handle, and it opened, so I walked inside. Liam sat up in bed and turned to me.

"Niall? What are you doing?" He asked sleepily.

"Can't sleep. Is Sophia back?" I asked. In the dim light, I saw him shake his head and smiled to myself.

"Do you wanna go for a walk?" Liam asked.

"Can we go to the lake?" I questioned hopefully. Liam nodded.

"Put some proper clothes on and meet me in the reception." He said. I nodded and ran off to get changed.

About 5 minutes later I walked down to the reception to find Liam waiting for me. He smiled at me, and beckoned me to follow him outside. It was a comfortable silence between us as we snuck as slowly as we could past the fans, hoping they wouldn't recognise us.

It was a miracle, we got to the car, without any of the fans noticing it was us, and drove off to the lake. Liam was driving, which I was greatful for, because I hated driving in the dark. We arrived at the lake, getting out the car and walking down to the waters edge. Still silent, we both sat ourselves down next to eachother.

"What if Sophia comes back?" I asked.

"She'll call me." Liam replied. I nodded. "Niall." Liam said after a short pause, "What did you hear me say, during that thunderstorm?"

I froze, "That you loved me, and why did I pick Zayn." I said, not making eye contact with him.

"Wh-what did you say?" He asked nervously.

"I said, I'm sorry, I love you too." I replied, playing with the grass. I heard Liam lay back onto the grass.

"Look Ni, it's a full moon." He said.

"So? You aren't going to turn in to a werewolf are you?" I asked shoving him playfully. I watched him grin and shake his head.

"Maybe." He grinned.

"The fans always said you look like a puppy." I laughed, laying back on the grass with him, looking up at the starry sky and the full moon.

"Hey, werewolves, aren't puppies." Liam replied, acting serious.

I was about to reply, when he started to tickle me, making me laugh loudly, hearing the echo bounce off the water. Liam rolled on top of me, tickling my waist, where I was particularly ticklish.

"Liam! S-stop!" I stuttered, between laughs and attempts of wriggling out of his grip. Chuckling softly, Liam stopped tickling me, and smiled looking in to my eyes.

"Liam," I panted, still out of breath from the tickling, "Zayn and I never dated, he thought he could get you jealous." I said, staring up at him, waiting for his reaction.

He smiled, leaning down, flicking his eyes from my blue orbs to my lips. I gulped, moving my head upwards, so our lips would meet. My heart was pounding so hard, I'm sure Liam could hear it, and feel it against his body. We tilted our heads sideways, our noses touching slightly, before, Liam pressed his lips onto mine.

Sparks shot through me, rising up my spine, before flooding my body. Our lips moved in sync, slow, not wanting the other to pull away. I reached my hand up in to his hair, pushing him closer, making him moan slightly. I smiled into the kiss, wanting more. Nervously, I slid my tounge across his lower lip.

Unfortunately, that seemed to be a wake-up call for Liam, who pulled away, and rolled off me, lying at my side. He breathed heavily for a few seconds, before getting up.

"Niall, what was that?" He asked, looking down at me. I didn't move, just watched his eyes turn cold as he glared down at me. "I don't care if you're not with Zayn, but I'm with Sophia. That shouldn't have happened Ni."

I stood up, anger forming, "Liam, she beat me up. And guess what? I saw her chatting up the hotel receptionist, and once, I saw her snogging some guy in an alleyway."

He looked taken aback by this new info, but quickly recovered. "You're lying Niall."

"No, you know I'm not. You know she did." I walked towards him, but he stepped back, shaking his head.

"I don't know who or what to believe anymore. And, you better ask someone else to take you back to the hotel." He said, walking away, towards the car.

"No." I shook my head, running towards him, "Liam, you can't leave me here."

"Why? Is Sophia going to beat you up again?" He asked.

"Liam. Liam please." I begged, but he walked on, getting into the car, and driving away. My heart breaking, my eyes followed the car into the distance, watching it disappear.

I ran back to the lake, tears running down my face. I kicked the water, disturbing the stillness of it, for a breif second before it settled again.

Crying, my vision blurred, I pulled my phone out my pocket, and rang Zayn's number, hoping he would wake up. It went to voice mail. I called again, and he picked up on the third ring.

"Niall, where are you?" Zayn asked groggily.

"At the lake, I was with Liam, but he abandoned me."

"What, why?"

"Just come and get me." I begged, hanging up and collapsing onto the grass, crying.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aww no, poor Niall. Stupid Liam!

Hope you liked this,

Please vote and comment

:D