Chapter 1

I smiled down at the photo that I clutched tightly in my hand. Me and Liam on the x factor above a picture of us now, a recent photo that was only a few weeks old. I found it on twitter and printed it out.

We were in a hotel in Paris, supposedly one of the most romantic cities in the world. I almost laughed at that because my romance was not going good.

Yes, I Niall Horan, fancied, in fact, I was deeply in love, with my best friend and also my band mate, Liam Payne. I'm not gay, no, bi at the most.

When I first met Liam, I felt something for him that I have never felt for anyone else, but I didn't know what. It was only after a few weeks of being in the band and talking to Zayn about it did I finally admit to myself I fancied him. Since then, it's only gotten worse, like it was suddenly real.

Louis and Harry had the hotel room next door to me, and let's just say, you wouldn't want to go in there at night. Yeah, that's right, Larry's real guys! Zayn has a room on his own as always, and Liam has a room with me, but he'd gone to get us some drinks.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, and I looked around frantically for somewhere to hide the photo where it won't be seen.

"Who is it?" I called hiding the picture under my pillow.

"It's me, Zayn." I breathed a sigh of relief and walked towards the door, before opening it.

Zayn stood there smiling,

"Hi Zayn." I said, standing aside to let him in.

"Hey Nialler, how's it going?" He asked.

"Fine." I replied, shrugging my shoulders half-heartedly.

Zayn chuckled, "You should tell him, Niall."

I shook my head. He told me this pretty much everyday. Tell Liam, he feels the same.I don't believe him. Liam doesn't fancy me, he has a girlfriend for starters. And he's straight. 100%. I have no chance with him.

Just then, the door opened and Liam came in with a bottle of coke and a bottle of fanta. He smiled at me and Zayn, like he had on the x-factor. He was still just as breathtaking as before, but instead of cute, I'd say he was just plain hot.

"I'm erm, going to see if Larry want to watch a film." Zayn said walking out the room.

Great, thanks Zayn.

"Hey Ni." Liam said handy me the bottle of coke.

"Hi." I replied.

"Guess, what? Sophia's going to come over, and stay with us at Paris." He said excitedly.

I froze, but tried not to let it show. I really, really didn't like Sophia. Not just because I'm jealous (although I am) but because I'd seen her cheating on Liam. I saw her kissing some dude in some alley way. "Does that mean, I have to share with Zayn?" I asked.

"Sorry Ni." He said. "You can stay here tonight."

"No, it's fine, I'll move out now." I insisted. I got up from the bed and shoved some things back in my suitcase.

"Ni, wait, please stay tonight." He begged. I thought I heard his voice breaking, as though he was going to cry. I brushed it off, and zipped up my case. I had to get out of there and to Zayn before I break down. "Ni, please, don't go."

"See you later Liam." I said, picking up my coke bottle which said share with a mate.

"I'm sorry Niall." He said watching me walk out the door. I thought I heard him sob but I pushed it aside, feeling tears trickle down my cheeks. I walked across the hall to Zayn's room and knocked on the door.