Chapter Nine

I don't own anything, not the characters and barely the plot.

At the mountain the team waited for Wally's arrival. Percy kept glancing at their new teammate. The way she spoke, the way she held herself... Percy felt like they'd get along pretty well.

Recognized — Kid Flash, B-03.

Then Wally appeared in full beach gear, beachball, picnic basket, sunglasses and more.

"The Wall-Man is here! Now let's get this party star-" Wally started, but cut off as he tripped and fell.

"Ted?" He finished as he looked up from the floor, his stuff everywhere.

"Wall-Man, huh?" Their new teammate said. "I love the uniform. What exactly are your powers?"

Percy immediately felt like laughing, but had to hold it in for obvious reasons, but that doesn't mean she kept her face straight.

"Uh, who's this?" Wally asked when he'd gotten of the floor.

"Artemis, your new teammate," the girl, Artemis, said.

"Kid Flash. Never heard of you," Wally responded.

"Uh, she's my new protege," Green Arrow said as he walked towards her, putting his hand on her shoulder.

"What happened to your old one?" Wally asked.

Just then the zeta beams announced someone's arrival.

Recognized — Speedy, B-06.

"Speak of the devil," Percy muttered.

"Well, for starters, he doesn't go by Speedy anymore. Call me Red Arrow," Speedy- now Red Arrow, said as he walked into the room.

"Real original," Percy muttered.

"Roy, you look-" Green Arrow said.

"Replaceable," Roy interjected.

"It's not like that. You told me you were going solo," Green Arrow explained.

"So why waste time finding a sub? Can she even use that bow?" Roy said.

Artemis walked up to him and said, "Yes, she can."

"Who are you?" Wally yelled.

"I'm his niece," Artemis answered at the same time as Green Arrow said, "She's my niece."

"Another niece?" Robin asked.

"But she is not your replacement. We have always wanted you on the team, and we have no quota on archers," Kaldur said.

"And if we did, you know who we'd pick," Wally said.

"Whatever, Baywatch. I'm here to stay," Artemis said.

-

A few days after the mission that Red Arrow had handed them, Percy and Artemis had bonded. It felt like she was the only one on the team that really trusted Artemis. Megan was cheerful around Artemis, and nice to her, but Percy could feel that she didn't completely trust her. Kaldur was the second closet, but that was probably because Percy trusted her am Kaldur trusted Percy.

"What school are you going to? Megan and Superboy are going to Happy Harbor High, right?" Artemis asked.

"Yeah, they are. I'm not going to school, I've been excused, having gone to Atlantean school for a while," Percy said, smirking.

"Lucky," Artemis said.

"You bet."

-

"Thank Kaldur, for not being so hard on Artemis," Percy said.

"Of course, Percy. You trust her, so I trust her," Kaldur replied.

They sat by the pool like they often did.

"How do we find ourselves here all the time?" Percy asked.

"I do not know, it seems that the water attracts us," Kaldur said with a soft smile.

"It sure does."

Percy splashed around with her feet in the water.

"It was fun, earlier today, at the beach," Percy said.

"Yes, it was," Kaldur replied.

"I miss Atlantis. Don't you?" Percy asked.

"Yes, I do. Very much," Kaldur answered.

"How about this, next weekend we visit Atlantis?" Percy suggested.

"That sounds like a great idea," Kaldur said.

"You better," Percy said before jumping into the water.

She quickly swam to the familiar bottom of the pool. She sat down and looked up, seeing Kaldur swimming down to her.

"Artemis reminds me a little of Annabeth," Percy admitted. "But... that's not why I trust her. I feel a little bad for her, too. She just joined the team and then gets rejected, in a way. How you all told Red Arrow how much you'd rather have him, when she was just standing there."

"Yes, it was not the kindest action," Kaldur admitted.

"We have to make her feel welcome, once you get to know her... she's a good person," Percy said.

"Yes, we do," Kaldur agreed.

"Then let's do it together," Percy said, grabbing Kaldurs hand.

"Together," he agreed.

"Well, I'm really excited for the weekend now," Percy said.

"As am I, it will be fun," Kaldur said.

-

"You know what? I ship Megan and Connor," Artemis said randomly when Percy and Artemis were hanging out in Percy's room.

"Now that you mention it, they would be cute together," Percy admitted.

"But you know who would be even cuter, you and Kaldur," Artemis said.

"We're already together," Percy said and winked. "Just don't tell anyone."

"And if I do?" Artemis jokes.

"Then I'll have no other choice than to end you, once and for all," Percy said in a deep voice.

The two heroes laughed and continued chatting.

"Atlantis? Is it cool there?" Artemis asked.

"Yeah, it is. As cool as a forgotten, underwater city can be," Percy answered.

"So... very cool?" Artemis guessed.

"Very cool," Percy confirmed. "And Roy... I mean, Red Arrow? Not very original."

"No, definitely not," Artemis said. "And he said he was going solo, maybe you'd want to change your name so you wouldn't be associated with your former mentor."

"Welcome to How To Rebel Against Your Mentor With Artemis. Tune in next time," Percy said sarcastically.

They both laughed.

"Also, calling Wally, Baywatch? Hilarious!" Percy exclaimed.

"Someone has to."

"Yeah, but can you imagine being the only girl on the team?" Percy randomly said.

"That's the stuff nightmares are made out of," Artemis said and shuddered.

"Correct," Percy said. "I had a dream- a nightmare about it once, it was terrifying."

"I bet it was," Artemis said.