What are besties for?

Cal pushed the last paperclip in place. "Sorry about the bedsheet. Don't report me to the Fashion Police."

"We have much better dirt to report you on," said Jo, winking.

"Neon green sweater dress, anyone?" Deb said and high fived Jo.

Cal gave a mock-fierce look to her besties, then laughed. "That was high fashion in the 80s, and I looked hot!"

"Babe, you're always cutting edge." Ally leaned forward to snag her wineglass. "Now, what's the

big surprise you've been keeping from us?"

Cal rubbed her hands together. "I've decided to use the divorce settlement to start my own clothing line. I'm calling it Nuts & Bolts, and you're all the inspiration for my first line of shirts."

She twitched the sheet to reveal a pale pink shirt that said 'Chocolate is my karma' around a meditating person with a chocolate bar floating above the head. "Ally, this is for you."

"My inner guru approves," Ally said seriously, then winked and raised her wineglass.

The next twitch revealed a mint green shirt saying 'Chocolate or bust' with a chocolate bar as a surfboard riding a wave. "That's me!" Deb laughed, pointing her flip flop at it.

"Nailed her!" Jo agreed. "And me!" They all laughed when they saw the next shirt with 'Just give me the chocolate, and nobody gets hurt!' with a bug-eyed woman gripping her hair.

The last twitch showed a hot pink shirt with 'Chocolate is a food group' in an elaborate script. "That's so you, Cal," Jo laughed.

Cal looked at her three best friends and felt her heart swell with love. She hadn't had much to be happy about for a long time, but they'd done their best to make her smile whenever possible.

Cal cleared her throat, cursing the ready tears that still came up whenever she talked about the hell her ex had put her through. "This is just one way of saying thanks. This last year has sucked. I couldn't have gotten through it without you all." Her voice cracked on the last word.

They crowded around her for a group hug. "What are besties for?"

This was originally entered into the @Chicklit Flash Fiction Prompts - Prompt 17  at https://www.wattpad.com/663616843-chicklit-flash-fiction-prompts-prompt-17-word