060 : wedding day part two

❝ I LOVE YOU ❞

⋆。˚ ✩

Tom was beaming, unnaturally so, when Scarlett and her entire bridal party stepped out of the hotel room indefinitely, preparing to get her hitched to a man who'd break her heart; not if Tom could stop it in and use the evidence as clear as day he had on his phone.

He stared blissfully at Scarlett who briefly handed him her bouquet of angelic white roses so she could flatten any obvious and annoying bumps and lines in her dress.

"You look too perfect." Tom whispers, only audible to Scarlett herself, and she whips her head up in confusion, raising her eyebrow.

"Thanks..?" Scarlett questions, reaching down to pick up the hem of her dress with one hand, her other extending to Tom so he could pass her flowers back.

Tom was twitching in anticipation, wondering at what point would be suitable to bring up the devestating news to his best friend, to the love of his life as they travelled to the Rolls Royce awaiting perfectly outside the hotel.

"Tom you're in the car with me. Everyone else is in the Jeeps." Scarlett mumbles, to everyone's surprise. That was not the plan. Joan would go in the car, she'd be walking her down the aisle.

"Are you sure?" Tom leans into Scarlett's ear, and when he pulls away, she was blushing red. But the furious kind.

As everyone mumbles and comments on Scarlett's impromtu last minute decision, Tom picks up the remainder of Scarlett's dress that hung out of the car door when she sat, before gingerly closing the car door.

"Are you drunk or something? Breathe onto my face." Was what Scarlett first said as soon as the engine revved and the car began to move along. Tom furrows his eyebrows, laughing.

"No! I'm not some morning alcoholic." He shakes his head, verg aware of how Scarlett's legs were angled toward him, even after he assured her he wasn't drunk. Their knees touched, and it made Tom bite his lip furiously.

"Then what's all this complimenting shit about?" She spits, and Tom grew less confident by the second, pathetic butterflies fluttering in his guts, alerting him the time was now.

"I- Scarlett, it's your wedding day, you're bound to look-" Tom fumbles with his words, despite the effort going into the annunciation of them.

"Don't! Don't even try to lie!" Scarlett almost shouts, and Tom's eyebrows upturn in a sadness that only love could describe. He saw the determination Scarlett had in her eyes, to get married today.