054 : one month to go

❝ DREAMS CHANGE, MUNCHKIN ❞

⋆。˚  ✩

INCOMING CALL FROM
SCAR 🖤

"Hello? Scarlett?" Tom croaked as he rubbed his eyes tiredly. It was May 1st, exactly one month until his 30th birthday, when the pact ends, and also the date where he would see his best friend walk down the aisle. If he could stop it, that is.

"Sorry munchkin, I know it's early. But we've made progress on wedding venues. Can I come over?" She asks, but there is a slight tremor in her voice that alerts Tom a little. It wasn't all going to be good news.

"Of course you can, you still pay half the rent every month." Tom rolls his eyes. It was true, despite moving out near to a year ago now, Scarlett still insisted she'd pay half the rent of the house, just like her and Tom did when they lived together.

"Yay!" She cheered, thankful that normality was restored once more between the two, "I'll be over asap!"

𝔦𝔫𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔤𝔯𝔞𝔪

♡ liked by tomholland2013, sophcarter and 8,326,773 others

ˢᶜᵃʳˡᵉᵗᵗᶜᵃᵇᵉˡˡᵒ : gotta have a starbucks when u reunite w your bestie for catch up ☁️ (ps tom orders juice pass it on)

VIEW ALL COMMENTS...

TOMHOLLAND2013: it was a smoothie i'm on a diet 😩😩😩
ϟSCARLETTCABELLO: sure sure

USERNAME: kid tom wya

USERNAME2: i have never ordered juice in a starbucks-

ANTHONYMACKIE: he a kid we tried to tell y'all
ϟIAMSEBASTIANSTAN: we want compensation
ϟUSERNAME3: i love them

USERNAME4: why aren't they gettin married¿

USERNAME5: one month until tomlett is forever no more :(

USERNAME6: who's a lawyer we wanna know how to trigger a divorce

HAZOSTERFIELD: at least no one's doing me dirty

"This was pleasant. I feel like we never do this kind of thing anymore." Tom hums happily as he and Scarlett strolled down the street back down to his house, their tea and juice in hand.

Scarlett nods, but swallows a lump in her throat. The happy atmosphere wasn't going to last very long. All day she had been contemplating when was the perfect moment to tell Tom, but she couldn't find it, it was going to be hard any way she tells him.

"What's up? Bad tea?" Tom asks cherpily, and Scarlett shakes her head, taking the keys to Tom's (which she still kept) and unlocking the door.

"I gotta talk to you about the wedding and what we plan on doing after." Scarlett mumbles as she slings off her coat, and Tom's happy mood dissipated immidiately.

Sitting down on the sofa, Scarlett recited what she was going to say in her head, nodding to herself. Tom was frowning, not the sight she already wanted to see, because they had such a nice day together. The best day.

"So, we finally found a venue! I know I always said I wanted to get married in Corpus Christi," Scarlett begins, referring to the beautifully extravagant church that was down the road from where her and Tom grew up in Kingston. "But they didn't have any wedding dates for 1st June, it was too short notice!"

Tom frowns harder, "But that's your dream."

"Dreams change, munchkin." Scarlett comments, looking up to Tom, feeling confident in her finalised choice of words. "But so did Cammie. And we always said we'd marry in the same place, like my mum and her sister did. I'd never change that for the world."

"So you're getting married in America? Really?" Tom scoffs a little, not believing a word that Scarlett was saying. This was all Theo's doing, he knew it, and so did Scarlett.

"Yes, and that's where I'm going to start the rest of my life with him. California." Scarlett nods, and Tom stands in disbelief, away from Scarlett, slapping his hands over his face.

"I guess this is all because of mister bloody James, isn't it?" Tom asks accusingly, and Scarlett realises that when Tom said he was joking about Theo cheating on her, he was lying. Tom had really lost the plot.

"No! We've agreed together, because I want a family, Tom! I want a baby of my own to bring up and watch him or her call me Mummy. That's what I want, and it can't be in London!" Scarlett cries, clutching her stomach.

It was true, ever since Theo mentioned the idea of starting a family, she thought of only that. She wasn't particularly young anymore, and she always wanted kids. Now, with a man she was going to marry, was the perfect time to expand.

"I can't believe you, you're basically his messenger! You let him walk all over you!" Tom shouts, his face almost red and strained, his hands pointing toward Scarlett as she stayed sitting, trying not to lose her cool.

"Remember when we made the pact, thirteen years ago? We did it not to make it final, but to give our lives a little adventure, Tom, and I've found my adventure with Theo. Please, for once, be happy for what I'm doing." Scarlett finishes quietly, but Tom shakes his head.

"He's going to ruin your life, and I'm going to prove it to you, married or not."

⋆。˚  ✩

the drAmA

lmao i can't even anymore
i'm getting sO SAD that
this book is almost over :(

is this the greatest slow
burner or what